New Holland 3930 to M7060.

GeraldVG

Equipment
M7060, 8' 3008 BushHog and fairly long list of older implements
Hi, Guys & Gals. New here, My deal is in its final stages with the local Kubota/New Holland dealer. The cab is a MAJOR step up for this old man, but as the saying goes, you can't take it with you. I have a number of 3-point hitch implements that are pretty much sized for a 50+ hp tractor, so I will be adding a quick hitch of one make or another and likewise a lift grapple. My repetitive applications will be the maintenance of something under 100 acres of pasture and wildlife habitat, maintenance of a mile-long poorly drained gravel driveway, piling cedar tops for burning, feeding "to be firewood" logs to my log splitter, stock pond maintenance, general dirt work, moving "stuff" around. I'm long since retired from "going to a job every day and not by any stretch of the imagination a bonified make you living at it farmer, but I do enjoy doing this kind of work with a particular focus on protecting and enhancing nature through pushing back 50+ years if invasive plant encroachment (cedar mostly), conservation practices and restoring Thunder Ridge Ranch - East to productivity using modern rotational grazing techniques for as long as my age and health will allow.

Sorry. I didn't intend for this to turn into a book. I really could use some sage advice as quickly as possible regarding how to equip this - new to me - tractor, including the style, make, model, and lowest cost grapple and bucket enhancements.

I spend a lot of time at my computer, so email and texting work well for me.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
That’s a huge upgrade. Have fun.

Does it have quick attach bucket? If so, you need a third function valve if the new tractor doesn’t already have one. Assuming you have loader, I think you could buy virtually any grapple that exists and be able to handle it after you have a third function valve.

Do watch growingdeer.tv on youtube and other similar people who focus on animal habitat. A word of warning is that some are heavily focused on using opposing methods. Pick one. :D

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hi, Guys & Gals. New here, My deal is in its final stages with the local Kubota/New Holland dealer. The cab is a MAJOR step up for this old man, but as the saying goes, you can't take it with you. I have a number of 3-point hitch implements that are pretty much sized for a 50+ hp tractor, so I will be adding a quick hitch of one make or another and likewise a lift grapple. My repetitive applications will be the maintenance of something under 100 acres of pasture and wildlife habitat, maintenance of a mile-long poorly drained gravel driveway, piling cedar tops for burning, feeding "to be firewood" logs to my log splitter, stock pond maintenance, general dirt work, moving "stuff" around. I'm long since retired from "going to a job every day and not by any stretch of the imagination a bonified make you living at it farmer, but I do enjoy doing this kind of work with a particular focus on protecting and enhancing nature through pushing back 50+ years if invasive plant encroachment (cedar mostly), conservation practices and restoring Thunder Ridge Ranch - East to productivity using modern rotational grazing techniques for as long as my age and health will allow.

Sorry. I didn't intend for this to turn into a book. I really could use some sage advice as quickly as possible regarding how to equip this - new to me - tractor, including the style, make, model, and lowest cost grapple and bucket enhancements.

I spend a lot of time at my computer, so email and texting work well for me.
Ford 3930 is a very good tractor.

Of course, so is the more modern M7060.

SDT