New here from SW Texas

Twobit

Equipment
L275-DT with loader & a 1940 Farmall H
Aug 7, 2020
SW Texas
Hi all,
Joined a few days ago. I’m about to purchase a L275-DT with a BF400 loader on it. I had used this tractor a few times years ago. Buying it now from the previous owners estate.

I’ve been reading this forum a lot and learning from it. Am downloading and/or buying the manuals and making lists of correct fluids and filters.

It has a few minor issues I think I can fix.
1. Tachometer not working.
2. PTO clutch is stuck. It has a dual clutch. Will try adjusting it, then bumping it with a load if it is rusted shut.
3. Minor welding needed on bucket.
4. Some lights not working.
5. Needs a paint job.
6. Steering wheel bent. Will eventually replace.

My other old tractor is a well running 1940 Farmall H. Not my first rodeo on working with old stuff.

This forum is a great resource when you need to get familiar with a different model than your used to.

Regards,
Robert

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Welcome to the forum. Be sure the lever is in place to be able to activate the clutch for the PTO. Not familiar with your tractor exactly, but most of the older L's with two stage clutches had a spring loaded lever up above your left toe (when setting on the tractor!) that needed to be flipped up so the clutch would mover further.

Twobit

Equipment
L275-DT with loader & a 1940 Farmall H
Aug 7, 2020
SW Texas
Welcome to the forum. Be sure the lever is in place to be able to activate the clutch for the PTO. Not familiar with your tractor exactly, but most of the older L's with two stage clutches had a spring loaded lever up above your left toe (when setting on the tractor!) that needed to be flipped up so the clutch would mover further.
Thanks, unfortunately the lever is in the proper position to operate the PTO clutch.. tractor set up for awhile so I’m thinking the clutch is froze/ rusted up. I’ll know in about ten days when I bring the tractor home.