New guy intro and New Canopy for the BX25DLB

Woodskiff16

Equipment
Kubota BX25DLB
Feb 3, 2022
Massachusetts
Hello All,
Just a quick intro and wanted to share a pic of the Tuff Top canopy I installed.
I looked at many different types and materials but decided to keep it to the basics of function and how I use my tractor. Definitely wanted it Work Sturdy but did not need Construction Site.
If anyone is considering a canopy and doesn't need to trailer. I would say take a look see at the FEMCO Tuff Top.
Form, Fit, Function, Instructions ... I give it a solid 10 points ... very pleased for a canopy in the $275-$350 range.
FYI .. On/Off very easy if you trailer occasionally like me.
The only other thing to be aware of is. I run my backhoe on the tractor ... the ROPS will not fold to maximum down with the canopy on and the backhoe boom in stored position.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Looks good and fits your storage area perfectly! Welcome to the forum!

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Nice canopy fir sun and rain. It might last a day here in the woods. I have WAY too many trees to enjoy a cover

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I like the way the canopy curves to match the roof of the storage! I am sure you will love being shaded from the hot afternoon sun!

I don't have a canopy, but do have something that works like a canopy, which you can see in the image to the left of my post.

What I found initially, was when I put a solid cover on the top of the expanded metal (no way to see what the top actually is in that photo) I found the engine noise reflected downward, and was a great irritation to me. Maybe I had better hearing then? LOL.

Anyway, I replaced the solid test cover with a piece of cloth, and the reflected noise went away.

Just wonder if you guys with solid canopys noticed increased engine noise after installing them.

I kind of wish I had a canopy on my BX. I was using a large umbrella bungeed (Is that what you say when you bungee something?) to a ROPS upright, and it worked pretty good but became history for reasons I do not remember. BX is mainly used for grass cutting in summer. And plowing snow in winter.

Now that I think about it, I might actually rig something up on the BX next summer. All I need is some cloth to shade me from the sun. I'll bet I can come up with a light weight, inexpensive framework to hold the cloth...

Thanks the OP for the inspiration! AND happy tractoring with your new canopy!

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I like the way the canopy curves to match the roof of the storage! I am sure you will love being shaded from the hot afternoon sun!

I don't have a canopy, but do have something that works like a canopy, which you can see in the image to the left of my post.

What I found initially, was when I put a solid cover on the top of the expanded metal (no way to see what the top actually is in that photo) I found the engine noise reflected downward, and was a great irritation to me. Maybe I had better hearing then? LOL.

Anyway, I replaced the solid test cover with a piece of cloth, and the reflected noise went away.

Just wonder if you guys with solid canopys noticed increased engine noise after installing them.

I kind of wish I had a canopy on my BX. I was using a large umbrella bungeed (Is that what you say when you bungee something?) to a ROPS upright, and it worked pretty good but became history for reasons I do not remember. BX is mainly used for grass cutting in summer. And plowing snow in winter.

Now that I think about it, I might actually rig something up on the BX next summer. All I need is some cloth to shade me from the sun. I'll bet I can come up with a light weight, inexpensive framework to hold the cloth...

It looks like a metal top in the pics.. never would have thought it was cloth but I'm sure it works well for sun and the first couple minutes of rain.😁

I wouldn't mind having one like the OP's I do like how it is a quick release, I have looked into similar before but forgot about it. Maybe sometime or just fab one..

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
It looks like a metal top in the pics.. never would have thought it was cloth but I'm sure it works well for sun and the first couple minutes of rain.😁

I wouldn't mind having one like the OP's I do like how it is a quick release, I have looked into similar before but forgot about it. Maybe sometime or just fab one..
The cloth is not there in the photo to the left of my posts....it is expanded metal, which offers great support if you want to stand on it...regardless of what the safety police think, of which I consider myself as a member...

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

My steel canopy has a felt liner on the underside to dampen noise.

Woodskiff16

Equipment
Kubota BX25DLB
Feb 3, 2022
Massachusetts
Hello... to All My "Orange Tractor" Brother's and Sister's. I just wanted to add something to the conversation about the Tuff Top Canopy.
I like to use my tractor as an "assist tool" to compensate for my human limitations. Most recenly , with a Dry Stacked Fieldstone Wall. I'm clearly not in an extreme use catagory with my beloved BX25 ( BX skid plate, Tooth Bar, everything attachment rake...etc.) ... all thought this FEMCO product has +s and -s regarding use of service environment .. It showed me that the Manufacturer has invested in, and Egineered their product. It was cleary designed and produced using laser and cnc with Quality Assurance Standards of Manufacture which is why after owning my Tractor Since 2014 and lurking on this site, I finally joined. Wanted to pay forward with some info. Thanks to All that posted before me... learned a lot!
Hardware, packaging and fitment was without complaint ...oh, No Vibration ... so I may even add a Mirror.
Stay Safe and Healthy My Freinds😎

Last edited: