New Grease Gun On The Way.

Frankb

Equipment
Kubota B2601, FEL, Backhoe, Belly Mower, Grapple, Rear Scrape Blade
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
My previous grease gun took a dump on me and leaked all over the place so I had to buy a new Lincoln 1134. It's been working very well now for the past few years. I now have a new B Series tractor with backhoe coming in a couple weeks and I decided to change grease. I like the grease I am using in the Scag mower, and will continue to use that for the mower. I decided to get another grease gun for the new tractor and new grease, and decided to give the LockNLube grease gun a try. I don't know too much about it other than the videos. Looks decent. I already have the LNL grease coupler on the Lincoln 1134 and like it a lot. Really makes it easy to insert grease without making a mess on the Zerks. The new LNL gun has the coupler on it already, so looking forward to that now. The new LNL grease gun arrives tomorrow, but like I stated, the tractor will not be here for another couple weeks. It has to arrive at the dealer and they will install the backhoe, FEL and mid mower. Also having a third function valve installed on the front to accommodate a Grappler by year's end.
Any way, that's it about the new grease gun. If anyone has any good or bad news about the LockNLube grease gun, I would like to hear it. I will not get too much of a chance to use it for a couple weeks.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
My previous grease gun took a dump on me and leaked all over the place so I had to buy a new Lincoln 1134. It's been working very well now for the past few years. I now have a new B Series tractor with backhoe coming in a couple weeks and I decided to change grease. I like the grease I am using in the Scag mower, and will continue to use that for the mower. I decided to get another grease gun for the new tractor and new grease, and decided to give the LockNLube grease gun a try. I don't know too much about it other than the videos. Looks decent. I already have the LNL grease coupler on the Lincoln 1134 and like it a lot. Really makes it easy to insert grease without making a mess on the Zerks. The new LNL gun has the coupler on it already, so looking forward to that now. The new LNL grease gun arrives tomorrow, but like I stated, the tractor will not be here for another couple weeks. It has to arrive at the dealer and they will install the backhoe, FEL and mid mower. Also having a third function valve installed on the front to accommodate a Grappler by year's end.
Any way, that's it about the new grease gun. If anyone has any good or bad news about the LockNLube grease gun, I would like to hear it. I will not get too much of a chance to use it for a couple weeks.
I don’t have the LNL but it seems I remember some issues on here with them not working with the recessed zerks in the back hoe pins.?.?

437469B9-45F0-445B-89B0-F128ACE724F0.jpeg

I went with the cordless Milwaukee gun well before I added the backhoe to mine, you will get a good arm workout greasing the B and hoe with a hand pump gun

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I don’t have the LNL but it seems I remember some issues on here with them not working with the recessed zerks in the back hoe pins.?.?
Ford - I can't speak to backhoe pins, but there are few very zerks I can't get with my LNL and a cheapo Campbell Hausfeld pneumatic gun.

Just a wild guess the OD is 5/8-11/16 or so.

For$30, I think they're steep, but honestly really like mine.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I grease hundreds of fittings every farm season, flush mount, recessed, angle, you name it. I have always used a bulk greaser and hose (75 foot long). Greaser stays in the shop, only the gun and hose come out. It's a Lincoln and a Lincoln gun too. I carry a lever gun in every implement's tool box and I load all of them from the bulk air greaser. Only use one type of grease on everything. Always have and no, I don't have a LNL and don't want one. All quality grease coupler's come with a 2 piece nose so the collet inside the nose is adjustable for grip. If it's tight on the fitting, loosen it. if it's loose, tighten it.

All my lever guns have clear polycarbonate barrels so I can always see exactly how much grease is in them and when it's time to refill.

To me, the LNL is nothing but a gimmick, like the PTO adapter, a non existent problem looking for a solution.

But if it floats your boat, by all means. Don't float my boat.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Ford - I can't speak to backhoe pins, but there are few very zerks I can't get with my LNL and a cheapo Campbell Hausfeld pneumatic gun.

Just a wild guess the OD is 5/8-11/16 or so.

For$30, I think they're steep, but honestly really like mine.

I could be wrong but thought Ive read on here about them. But I’m thinking of the pain of greasing that whole tractor and hoe with a hand pump gun 🤣.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I look at grease fittings as a hedge against planned obsolescence. I don't mind greasing anything and some of my stuff can have 30 fittings on one machine.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I could be wrong but thought Ive read on here about them. But I’m thinking of the pain of greasing that whole tractor and hoe with a hand pump gun 🤣.
Yes, they come up here often. Many guys like them.

I can get recessed fittings like your 'hoe picture without a problem with the LNL. Some of my FEL fittings are recessed below a drilled hole in the lift arms. The holes aren't very big.

Oh gosh, as far as hand lever guns, got that right and I don't have a 'hoe!(y)

I have an 18 volt Milwaukee tool set and have looked at grease guns couple times.

My pneumatic gun works, but I think it's days are numbered.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

haveissues

Equipment
LX2610
Sep 13, 2013
northeast
I bought the lnl adapter recently and really like it. It fits inside the hoe pins on my tractor just fine and makes greasing the whole tractor less annoying for me.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I have the DeWalt battery powered grease gun and the LNL grease fitting. It works on all my loader and tractor fittings. I only have one fitting that I can't use the LNL on and it is the grease fitting on the PTO shaft next to the slip clutch on the mower. I need to switch out that fitting because it is 45 and is a pain. Needs to be a 90. Yet, that is the only fitting I have come across that I haven't been able to get with LNL.

Reactions: 1 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I currently have 3 grease guns inherited from my Dad. Two have pistol grips and one has the long lever. None have a flexible hose. I need to get a nice 18-24" hose to make getting to all the fittings easier. Not to bad on the B3200 with the FEL, but that B1700 and MMM, there are some challenging aerobics that one needs to do to hit all the fittings.

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
I used to work for the county landfill running heavy equipment. First thing we were given were uniforms and a box containing a new manual grease gun along with a case of grease to keep in our lockers. Every day we had to inspect and grease the machines before using them at the landfill, and in my case I had to trailer a large backhoe with a dump truck for some remote sites. The guns were abused very hard. Thrown in the back of the county pick ups or on the floor of the dozer or hoe at times.
I never looked at greasing as a bad chore. Any time I would grease anything at home such as the boat trailer wheels, or utility trailer or tractor or even the mower I looked at it as a time to inspect for damages and wear. Just part of the job I guess. Did it for so long at the landfill and then Water Dept. when I moved over there operating the backhoe that it just seemed normal to use the manual grease gun. We never had the battery operated ones. After all, we are talking about county maintenance!

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I never looked at greasing as a bad chore.... I looked at it as a time to inspect for damages and wear......
(y)(y)(y)

My FIL that owned a construction company up here instilled in me at a young age that washing and cleaning the equipment wasn't about making it shiny, it was about inspecting the machine. And he meant it. Ever since I have always methodically checked the machine over when washing it. Think of it as a perfect maintenance inspection.

It is funny how guys in here will get grief for "washing" their tractor. I wonder how those guys with years old dirty tractors can even see to inspect it? My guess is they treat maintenance the same way. A hairline crack is really easy to miss on a mud-caked frame.

So when you see me on my shiny tractor with a huge smile on my face, it wasn't from the washing.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
......To me, the LNL is nothing but a gimmick, like the PTO adapter, a non existent problem looking for a solution.

But if it floats your boat, by all means. Don't float my boat.
You are a real hoot Flip. You don't know what you don' know - do you get that? This is a thought elevation and speed problem. It is the occasional breeze you feel and wonder where it came from.

Reactions: 5 users

WheelHorseNick

Equipment
B7200E
Jun 26, 2020
Connecticut
I'm also in the market for a new grease gun. I too was looking at the Lincoln 1134.

I've used the ones with the rigid stems and levers, but the 1134 seems like it would be a little easier to use.

@Frankb let me know how you like it when it comes in.

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
I'm also in the market for a new grease gun. I too was looking at the Lincoln 1134.

I've used the ones with the rigid stems and levers, but the 1134 seems like it would be a little easier to use.

@Frankb let me know how you like it when it comes in.
I wil post once I get a chance to use the new one. The Lincoln 1134 has always been my favorite, but since I put the locknlube coupler on the Lincoln, it just made it better. So with that, I figured if it can make a Lincoln better, maybe the gun itself will be better or at least as good as the Lincoln 1134! Time will tell.

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
Lock'nLube sells several different models of grease guns - so which model did you get?

After a lifetime of fighting my old grease guns and the mess they make I invested in a LocknLube "Easy Prime" gun not long ago. Expensive, but to me, worth it. Easy to load, easy to use and no mess - no drips or leaks or problems loading cartridges. So far so good - but time will tell.

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
Lock'nLube sells several different models of grease guns - so which model did you get?

After a lifetime of fighting my old grease guns and the mess they make I invested in a LocknLube "Easy Prime" gun not long ago. Expensive, but to me, worth it. Easy to load, easy to use and no mess - no drips or leaks or problems loading cartridges. So far so good - but time will tell.
I purchased the LockNLube Professional Pistol-Grip Grease Gun. It's yellow in color
It was supposed to be here today, but I saw FedEx come down my road already. Last tracking was it was about 1 and half hours from my location so maybe they will send second truck this way before 8 pm. If not, I am sure I will see it tomorrow.

WheelHorseNick

Equipment
B7200E
Jun 26, 2020
Connecticut
I wil post once I get a chance to use the new one. The Lincoln 1134 has always been my favorite, but since I put the locknlube coupler on the Lincoln, it just made it better. So with that, I figured if it can make a Lincoln better, maybe the gun itself will be better or at least as good as the Lincoln 1134! Time will tell.
My mistake, I thought you were getting a new 1134.

I'll have to see how you like this new one over the 1134, and pick from there.

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
My mistake, I thought you were getting a new 1134.

I'll have to see how you like this new one over the 1134, and pick from there.
I have a fairly new 1134 as well that I would not part with. I put the LNL locking coupler on that one just recently and it works great. No more grease going all over the place.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
I have the DeWalt battery powered grease gun and the LNL grease fitting. It works on all my loader and tractor fittings. I only have one fitting that I can't use the LNL on and it is the grease fitting on the PTO shaft next to the slip clutch on the mower. I need to switch out that fitting because it is 45 and is a pain. Needs to be a 90. Yet, that is the only fitting I have come across that I haven't been able to get with LNL.
The dewalt grease gun is my list to get :)

If you are in the market for a pole saw, I just bought the dewalt and it works great :)
$199.00 tractor supply - 10%