New drone on the way...

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I thought it was 200 grams not 250 but I could be mistaken. Neither here nor there however.

My philosophy about licensing and being legal is if you never get in a bind all well and good but if something happens and you have your drawers down, could suck to be you. Alphabet agencies don't tend to be nice to deal with.

My Autel Evo II will be delivered on Friday and I just ordered a sunshade for the Lenovo Tab 10 HD and the LifThor Evo tablet dock

Interesting, if you buy the LifThor from Drone World, it's 99 bucks. If you buy direct, it's 79 bucks.

Reactions: 1 user

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I thought it was 200 grams not 250 but I could be mistaken. Neither here nor there however.

My philosophy about licensing and being legal is if you never get in a bind all well and good but if something happens and you have your drawers down, could suck to be you. Alphabet agencies don't tend to be nice to deal with.

My Autel Evo II will be delivered on Friday and I just ordered a sunshade for the Lenovo Tab 10 HD and the LifThor Evo tablet dock

Interesting, if you buy the LifThor from Drone World, it's 99 bucks. If you buy direct, it's 79 bucks.
no the FAA regulation is .55 lbs (250 grams), which is precisely why the mavic mini is 249 grams. Its part of the marketing of the mini. I took the time to research the regulations thoroughly before flying - its important to know what the rules say, not what you think they say. You can legally fly the mini without registration and be 100% within compliance, so long as you are obeying all the other regulations associated with drone use. If you "get in a bind", you're screwed either way if you were at fault. Having paid $5 and registered a drone isn't going to somehow forgive whatever dumb thing you did with it.

I ordered one of those phone/tablet bracket plates and some other odds and ends that arrived yesterday. I can fly now with my 10" samsung galaxy tablet. I tested it iout - worked well, but Im not sure if Ill actually use the tablet in reality or not - its just a lot of bulk with all that in my hands flying. Having that large fpv screen though was pretty neat. My phone is the samsung galaxy note 10+ so its a 6" phone, still a nice size, but is much lighter and less bulky when flying. The bracket allows me to keep my phone case on the phone without having to remove it everytime I fly. I also like how the bracket gets the phone up off the controller a few inches and sits on a ball that can be swiveled in any direction. Its much more comfortable flying with this little bracket.

I was going to recommend an antenna booster for the evo II but the remote looks like the way its built it wouldn't allow the use of popular parabolic boosters. These little boosters are cheap and work well in many scenarios to extend signal strength. I got mine off amazon for $12.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
no the FAA regulation is .55 lbs (250 grams), which is precisely why the mavic mini is 249 grams. Its part of the marketing of the mini. I took the time to research the regulations thoroughly before flying - its important to know what the rules say, not what you think they say. You can legally fly the mini without registration and be 100% within compliance, so long as you are obeying all the other regulations associated with drone use. If you "get in a bind", you're screwed either way if you were at fault. Having paid $5 and registered a drone isn't going to somehow forgive whatever dumb thing you did with it.

I ordered one of those phone/tablet bracket plates and some other odds and ends that arrived yesterday. I can fly now with my 10" samsung galaxy tablet. I tested it iout - worked well, but Im not sure if Ill actually use the tablet in reality or not - its just a lot of bulk with all that in my hands flying. Having that large fpv screen though was pretty neat. My phone is the samsung galaxy note 10+ so its a 6" phone, still a nice size, but is much lighter and less bulky when flying. The bracket allows me to keep my phone case on the phone without having to remove it everytime I fly. I also like how the bracket gets the phone up off the controller a few inches and sits on a ball that can be swiveled in any direction. Its much more comfortable flying with this little bracket.

I was going to recommend an antenna booster for the evo II but the remote looks like the way its built it wouldn't allow the use of popular parabolic boosters. These little boosters are cheap and work well in many scenarios to extend signal strength. I got mine off amazon for $12.

...and I stated I could be mistaken if you had bothered to read that part... I don'r believe I'll need a booster, Not gonna fly it that far away and from what I've read the boosterless control works just fine.

Have fun and don'r crash it....