New BX25D Owner - Hydraulic Pump Noise

Mike Cheshire

Equipment
BX25D
Apr 8, 2015
Westlock, Alberta, Canada
Hi there,

So we just picked up our new BX25D last week and have been really loving it so far. I know i'm probably being over paranoid because it is such a new machine but the hydraulic pump seems to make a very audible ticking/clicking noise that increases with engine RPM. It is very noticeable when operating the BH. Can anyone tell me if this is normal for this machine or something I should be concerned with?? I have never owned anything like this before and am not sure what is normal. Have about 10hrs on it now but heard the noise from hour 1. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to OTT Mike. I do not have that tractor but if mine made that noise, I would be worried.

bradmond

Equipment
BX25D
Mar 14, 2015
SeaTac, Wa
Mine doesn't make any ticking/clicking noises, other noises but not those. Seems like it needs to get checked out by your dealer to figure it out if you don't see anything obviously wrong.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Hi there,

So we just picked up our new BX25D last week and have been really loving it so far. I know i'm probably being over paranoid because it is such a new machine but the hydraulic pump seems to make a very audible ticking/clicking noise that increases with engine RPM. It is very noticeable when operating the BH. Can anyone tell me if this is normal for this machine or something I should be concerned with?? I have never owned anything like this before and am not sure what is normal. Have about 10hrs on it now but heard the noise from hour 1. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
Mike, I have a new BX also, and although the hydraulic are fairly noisy, I have not heard a clicking or ticking noise. just for giggles check your fluid levels. I would call your salesman and have a talk with him/her about it, and address your concerns

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi there,

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

I too have a BX25D......whine YES , ticking noooooooo..............

I would get my dealer on the horn and get it looked into - dont let your dealer tell you it is normal either!

Ticking when? any movement of the hoe? It DOES not tick while moving? nor FEL?

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
No it shouldn't make ticking noise . Crawl under her and make sure you don't have a stick or leaf caught up by the fan for the hydro unit . If nothing found call your dealer , not normal noise .

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
Same here, whine yes that does seem to settle down after the 50 -60 hrs mark, clicking no, double check everything including dealer. Yes the I key clicks when first turned on thats the only click sounds the BX25 should make. Others will be machancial or electrical and need attention.

And welcome to OTT, wonderful forum and lots of good help to the novice.

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
Mike,

Good luck, please let us know what you find out, and congrats on the new tractor!

Jerry