New bx23s purchase not going as planned

Tommy C

Oct 11, 2019
Rochester
Hi,

I bought a bx23s about 3 weeks ago and it's been a nightmare with the dealership. I ordered a snowblower with hydro chute. They have had the tractor for 2 weeks. Supposedly all the parts came in 2 weeks ago. I had them install a third function also. Well the tractor showed up tonight and the first thing I noticed was no hydraulic chute it is the old crank on it. Second is the 3rd function looks like crap. My kid could of done a better job. He cut the boot to get the wires in. I'm not a huge complainer but wow I'm regretting this purchase.

Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
No excuse for cutting the boot except lazyness. I would have refused delivery. The rest can be addressed and in reality, so can the boot but first impressions are usually lasting ones.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I can't believe they cut the boot on the joystick like that. I would make them replace it for sure. You have to wonder what some people are thinking when they do things like that.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Yeah, that looks like dealer issues to me. My experience with my BX and local dealer was that they didn't seem to consider it to be a real tractor, and they gave it to the new guy to work on. He didn't do a good job.

Different dealers have different attitudes, but you're certainly within your rights to complain and ask them to put it right.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
If it was mine, I wouldn't complain at all, just call them and tell them to come get it and make it right before you make the first payment on it. Need to contact Kubota as well.

The cut boot to me stinks. Very unprofessional.

Interestingly, my dealer specializes in the big ag Kubota line but he makes his bread and butter on the small ones. Place is always loaded with what I consider little tractors, He sells a bunch of them (and I get to play with them too)...lol

Have not bought a new unit in years (last one was in 2004) but I went over that one with a fine tooth comb before I signed the delivery papers. Still have it. Great tractor.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
I understand posting your frustration here, but shouldn't you be calling the dealer to get this resolved? At this point in time, they have no idea that you are unsatisfied with the workmanship or that it is built incorrectly. In general the forum community can't fix your issue.

Call the dealer to fix whatever is wrong with it and tell them what line item on the order wasn't supplied.

The dealership will not care if you don't make a payment. It's very unlikely they are the ones lending the money.

I hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction and you enjoy your tractor.

m.t.hands

Equipment
L 5030, L 3400 and BX2200
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
pitiful, but as mentioned, get on the horn and let the owners know, they probably have no idea that kind of work is leaving their shop:(

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
definitely contact dealer AND Kubota USA ! Send pictures of the 'quality' work AND your bill of sale for HYDRAULIC chute !!
The BX23S is a GREAT machine, it's the dealership that stinks.
I had front tire problems( 19 blisters, less than 220 hrs) and Kubota Canada paid for new tires/rims. Dealership has been great.They also replaced the ripped seatbelt assy, free of charge.
Talk nice and polite but do it NOW.

Daisy Cutter

Equipment
L2501 w/ssqt fel,60" LP finish mower, 54" LP grapple, and 48" BushHog box blade
Oct 6, 2019
Priceville AL
If they were that lazy up top, there's no telling what the hose routing looks like from the rear of the tractor to the third function valve. I installed my own and it was not fun. The loader knob and its wiring was the easiest part though.

Tommy C

Oct 11, 2019
Rochester
As it stands everything is getting fixed and resolved. The owner and my sales rep were very apologetic and say they will make it right. They ordered up a new boot and will install that when the hydro chute parts come in. Now when that is I don't know no one has reached out to me yet. I did look at the rest of the 3rd function wiring and hose routing and it looks clean. Other than these minor hiccups I couldn't be happier with the tractor its a little powerhouse.

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
If you can't get the hydraulic chute rotator installed in a reasonable amount of time you may wish to consider going electric. Yeah, I had the same shudder when I first considered it, too! :)

I have three machines with front-mounted blowers. One uses the Kubota hydraulic rotator, one uses a 12VDC winch to rotate the chute, and the third uses a surplus 12VDC power seat motor. The power seat motor is the best of the bunch, by a wide margin. Look for some of my past posts on this topic for pictures. Oh, it's a pretty inexpensive modification to make, too!