New BX2380 bucket meets ground unevenly....

dieselbob69

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 (previously a BX1870 and GR2100)...
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Hi folks! Just bought a new BX2380 last Wednesday(12/29/21) and really like it, but this problem has me puzzled. when I bring bucket down, the right side contacts ground first, when I keep down pressure on, left side comes down and seems to push left loader arm back and the rear rocks back in the holder. When I have the bucket tilted fully down, there is a good 1" gap on left side when right is touching. This is on level concrete garage floor, all tire pressures checked( 18psi both front and rear). Looks like all frame bolts are tight(don't see any shift). I have the SSQA type loader bucket. Is it possible something could be stuck up in bucket where the QA connection points are? I just thought of this tonight, so I haven't taken bucket off yet to check. Just wondering if any of you folks had a similar problem....

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
You need to call your dealer and complain about it.

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
agree ,call don't 'complain' but tell what the problem is and ask how fast can they send someone out,maybe on a return trip from another service call ?
Andrew from Galer Equipment spent over an hour showing me everything about my BX23S when he dropped it off 3 years ago,so an 'uneveb bucket on concrete' WOULD have been obvious then !

or....

you could unpin the loader arm cylinders from the arms, then do 3-4 full 'up-down' cycles, then reconnect the cylinders to the arms.
In any event,be sure to check the oil level (yellow plug, back right,rear AND the front axle(left side).

Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
agree ,call don't 'complain' but tell what the problem is and ask how fast can they send someone out,maybe on a return trip from another service call ?
Andrew from Galer Equipment spent over an hour showing me everything about my BX23S when he dropped it off 3 years ago,so an 'uneveb bucket on concrete' WOULD have been obvious then !

or....

you could unpin the loader arm cylinders from the arms, then do 3-4 full 'up-down' cycles, then reconnect the cylinders to the arms.
In any event,be sure to check the oil level (yellow plug, back right,rear AND the front axle(left side).
Any service issue is a "complaint".

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
true but to me a 'complaint' is at the 'I'm goin to rip someone's head off unless this is fixed,NOW' level, so better to calmly report a 'problem' and ask 'Is there an easy fix to this, did I do something wrong ?'.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
If you are seeing motion where the loader mounts, it sounds like it's not fully seated and latched. Can you remove the loader and re-attach it? (Or call the dealer. It sounds like they didn't properly install it)

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
My BX1880 had the bucket so badly out of level that I had to put a 2X4 on its side under one side of the bucket to be able to install the FEL back on. When I changed the tires from R1's to "All Terrain" I noticed that the bucket was almost levelled and I did not need the 2X4 any more. It turns out that one of the rear R1 tires was at least a 1/2 inch in diameter smaller than the other even though they were not even two years old and no wear.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
My BX1880 had the bucket so badly out of level that I had to put a 2X4 on its side under one side of the bucket to be able to install the FEL back on. When I changed the tires from R1's to "All Terrain" I noticed that the bucket was almost levelled and I did not need the 2X4 any more. It turns out that one of the rear R1 tires was at least a 1/2 inch in diameter smaller than the other even though they were not even two years old and no wear.
This is interesting, and something you might be able to measure.

Perhaps you could use a carpenter's level to measure the height of the tops of the rear tires for comparison. They should be the same height at the top if the diameter is the same.

Unequal diameter tires with the same tire air pressure would still be different diameters, and would shift the tractor horizontal position, when facing front to back, somewhat.

Don't write off the unexpected as unlikely. Make the measurement and thank xrocketengineer if he led you to the root problem...

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
This is interesting, and something you might be able to measure.

Perhaps you could use a carpenter's level to measure the height of the tops of the rear tires for comparison. They should be the same height at the top if the diameter is the same.

Unequal diameter tires with the same tire air pressure would still be different diameters, and would shift the tractor horizontal position, when facing front to back, somewhat.

Don't write off the unexpected as unlikely. Make the measurement and thank xrocketengineer if he led you to the root problem...
I used a carpenters level but the tires were side by side and that caught my attention since it was so noticeable.

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
I'd hope that NEW tires wouldn't be that way. I'll have to check tomorrow. I double checked all tire pressures again tonight and they were still all at 18psi...

Pcekpr

Equipment
L3901
Nov 29, 2018
Panama City, Florida
Hi folks! Just bought a new BX2380 last Wednesday(12/29/21) and really like it, but this problem has me puzzled. when I bring bucket down, the right side contacts ground first, when I keep down pressure on, left side comes down and seems to push left loader arm back and the rear rocks back in the holder. When I have the bucket tilted fully down, there is a good 1" gap on left side when right is touching. This is on level concrete garage floor, all tire pressures checked( 18psi both front and rear). Looks like all frame bolts are tight(don't see any shift). I have the SSQA type loader bucket. Is it possible something could be stuck up in bucket where the QA connection points are? I just thought of this tonight, so I haven't taken bucket off yet to check. Just wondering if any of you folks had a similar problem....
I had a problem like that and worked on the quick release with good results. I took off the bucked and tilted the arms all the way forward and lowered to a level concrete pad. I put a 2x4 under the lowest arm and raised the front of the tractor with the FEL and repeated until it was level. I had to push one of the sides against a tree to get the two arms even and level. Worked fine after doing that. I guess it's like a minute of angle deal where it doesn't have to be way off at the connection to be way off at the target (bucket). Good luck!

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Ding ding ding- we have a winner-thank you xrocketengineer! I don't know why tire on left looks more inflated, it's not. They are both 18psi. Off to the dealer I go tomorrow with tires(and inflator, tire gauge and a level) to see if I can get a pair of tires that are the same height.... I wonder if this would have cut grass uneven also....

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Good that you found it! That is definitely noticeable. It will make no difference in mowing if you level the mower but it would cause a pain trying to align and install the FEL. I hope that the dealer helps you out.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
WOW, even I can SEE that they ain't the same.....
Yes, it should affect grass cutting, unless you 'compensated' for the tires by leveling the deck.
Couse IF you did that, you'll have to relevel the deck once the tires are 'proper'.
I had a similar situation while making my miniROPS, too tall on one side as that tire had more air in it. Once I let some air out, tractor was level and I could get out of the garage.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Wow! Same size and make?