New BX: How exactly does the loader level work?

cwl3

Mar 31, 2016
Hickory, NC
My new BX23S was delivered yesterday. Had the dealer add the loader bucket level rod as they prepped tractor. This is my first tractor with a loader. (My first Kubota was a used B2410 that came w/o loader). So the tractor did not come with any instructions for understanding the rod. Is there anything out there? I did not see anything in the operators manual. Wondering if there was something that came with the kit that got tossed.

Thanks for any help,

Calvin

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
My new BX23S was delivered yesterday. Had the dealer add the loader bucket level rod as they prepped tractor. This is my first tractor with a loader. (My first Kubota was a used B2410 that came w/o loader). So the tractor did not come with any instructions for understanding the rod. Is there anything out there? I did not see anything in the operators manual. Wondering if there was something that came with the kit that got tossed.

Thanks for any help,

Calvin
Based on what you are describing - the rod goes through a tube? there should be a "mark" or a band around the rod - as the rod moves through the tube, the mark or band is exposed thus indicating the bucket is "level"

YOU might have to mark the rod - set tractor on smooth surface-flatten out the bucket then mark the rod.;)

Level is a poor term - the indicator simply tells the operator that the bucket is more or less parallel with the plane of the tires.:)

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Based on what you are describing - the rod goes through a tube? there should be a "mark" or a band around the rod - as the rod moves through the tube, the mark or band is exposed thus indicating the bucket is "level"

YOU might have to mark the rod - set tractor on smooth surface-flatten out the bucket then mark the rod.;)

Level is a poor term - the indicator simply tells the operator that the bucket is more or less parallel with the plane of the tires.:)
Excellent explanation.:)
Keep in mind, everything is relative. Or a close cousin ;)

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I've got the rod indicator on my MX...it has a bend in the rod, and it passes through a support ring. When the bend is in the ring, you are roughly level. I thought it would be a great idea, but in reality I rarely use it for the $70 or whatever it cost. I didn't bother getting one on my L2501 I just picked up.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Whichever type you have.... if you're operating in brush.... you'll likely tear it up anyway. Watch the top of your bucket and you'll get close enough for "guv-mint" work.

My first faux pas with it was forgetting all about removing it when I changed from bucket to pallet forks. Fortunately, when backing away from the bucket it simply pulled out of the tube and laid down on the ground. Took me several such events before I learned to disconnect it first. :cool: