New B7200 3-point & bucket wont stay up

regularjay

Equipment
B7200E
Jun 21, 2009
Harford County, MD USA
I recently bought a well worn B7200. I had it pulled up to my garage today as I was making a set of forks for the bucket and the durn bucket leaks down so fast I can actually watch it go down. I havent tried to lift anything with it yet so I'm not sure how strong it lifts stuff but this rapid leaking of an empty bucket just won't do! The 3 point has a 48" box grader on it and that won't stay up either. Both ends leak even with the tractor running I could almost live with implements sinking if it was off or leaking down overnight but if I can see them sinking while it's running I'm guessing something is in a bad way. Any suggestions of where to start looking for trouble would be appreciated.

regularjay

Equipment
B7200E
Jun 21, 2009
Harford County, MD USA
Would it be "worth it" to repair/rebuild the "budget single lever- converted two spool joystick that Kubota invented!!!" are parts available??

Or, should I search for a higher quality replacement? Obviously I don't have a great deal to spend or I would have bought a unit in beter condition to start with.

Thank you for your input.

Jay

regularjay

Equipment
B7200E
Jun 21, 2009
Harford County, MD USA
Is there a way to verify the problem lies with the joystick prior to buying a replacement? I'd hate to buy a new one and find something else was the problem.

Thanks again for you input.

Jay

regularjay

Equipment
B7200E
Jun 21, 2009
Harford County, MD USA
I talked with my local Kubota dealer today and learned that a "seal kit" is available for this valve. The parts guy showed me the diagram of the valve with what looked to be just a bunch of O-rings for $65.00 He was unable or unwilling to speculate if replacing the o rings in my "budget single lever- converted two spool joystick that Kubota invented" would improve my situation. I would really like to fix this for around sixty bucks instead of a couple hundred for a new valve. I have no external leaks at all so it would seem that fluid has to be "bypassing" inside the valve. Is it feasible to think new seals might cure this? I need this fixed but dont want to be further in the hole for a fix that isnt.

Thanks for all the input.