New B2601- Hydraulics Quit Working

Equipment
B2601 TLB
Feb 22, 2021
Deerfield, NJ
Fixed!

See post #9

Brand new B2601 got dropped off an hour ago. FEL was working fine moving some firewood. Started using backhoe and lost all hydraulic pressure. Hoe won't lift, curl, move side to side, can't pick up feet and the FEL won't go up or down, even with tractor off.

Can anyone help me figure this one out?

Hydraulic fluid level looks good.

Last edited:

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
check that little lockout switch. I hit that once. Man what a panic.

Equipment
B2601 TLB
Feb 22, 2021
Deerfield, NJ
check that little lockout switch. I hit that once. Man what a panic.
The FEL lock out? Thats not engaged.

I can move all levers freely, but nothing is working properly. If I let the tractor sit off for a couple minutes then start it, the hoe will curl an inch or two.

Just went over all couplers. Apparently the red coupler was never fully engaged and seated. I gave it a tug and it came right off. Engaged coupler properly and I'm back in business. (For 30 seconds)

Now I'm back to nothing working.

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
The FEL lock out? Thats not engaged.

I can move all levers freely, but nothing is working properly. If I let the tractor sit off for a couple minutes then start it, the hoe will curl an inch or two.

Just went over all couplers. Apparently the red coupler was never fully engaged and seated. I gave it a tug and it came right off. Engaged coupler properly and I'm back in business. (For 30 seconds)

Now I'm back to nothing working.
Try relieving the pressure on all hydraulic circuits (move loader and backhoe sticks in a circular motion) with engine shut off. Disconnect, then reconnect all hydraulic fittings to loader and backhoe.

Reactions: 1 user

Equipment
B2601 TLB
Feb 22, 2021
Deerfield, NJ
Try relieving the pressure on all hydraulic circuits (move loader and backhoe sticks in a circular motion) with engine shut off. Disconnect, then reconnect all hydraulic fittings to loader and backhoe.
Did all that first thing this morning. Hoe moved about 8 inches, then nothing more. I called the dealer and am waiting for them to send someone out to look it over.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
:confused: :confused: :confused:
You would think the dealer pre-check would have caught this.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
For sure. Hopefully it didn't suck in some thread seal tape. I have no idea why the Kubota dealer/factory uses it.

Reactions: 1 user

Equipment
B2601 TLB
Feb 22, 2021
Deerfield, NJ
Dealer came and limped it on to a trailer to take back to the shop and diagnose.

This was a TLB that they obtained from another dealer in an equipment trade. I think they just pushed it through on the other dealer's word that it was good to go.

Equipment
B2601 TLB
Feb 22, 2021
Deerfield, NJ
Tractor was delivered back to me this morning.

The female coupler for the backhoe was bad. It was letting the male coupler back out enough that hydraulic flow stopped, but not enough that the coupler would leak.

Been digging stumps and moving firewood all day and have had no problems.

I had a feeling it was something simple that was wrong.
20210327_124753.jpg

Reactions: 2 users