new b2301

jpf

Feb 26, 2016
butler, ga USA
was delivered this afternoon, now the fun begins.
in the short time I had to try it out tonight I have already found out that without more weight and better traction I don't think I could use any more power.
I got the 54" fel and the 54" belly mower.
no pics yet, maybe tomorrow? if I can figure out how to do it?

it sure does light up after dark with a flashlight from the back.

igizzzmo1

Feb 28, 2016
Elmira, Or
Good for you! I have been waiting over two weeks for mine to be delivered. They keep giving me the run around saying the wrong parts were ordered or the parts didn't show up. I added a back hoe. I did a drive by and my tractor is still sitting on the sales lot. Grrrrrrrr I paid cash. The sad part is I have to be the one engaging them for information. They don't readily share anything with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jpf

Feb 26, 2016
butler, ga USA
wow, what a bummer, sounds like he already has your money so now he don't care?
I called my dealer monday and he gave me a price over the phone. my wife and I drove over tuesday and looked at it. they put some fuel in it and I drove it around some.
I said I wanted it with the loader and a 54" belly mower. he had a loader there that they would install but he had to order the mmm.
I guess the mower came in thursday they installed it and delivered the tractor yesterday.
I thought that was good service
my dealer delivered my tractor yesterday afternoon, we sat on my front porch and filled out the paperwork.
so far so good. I did already get it dirty playing with the loader.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations on your new machine, under normal use, you'll never miss the power of a 2601.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Congrats and enjoy your new orange tractor!! Alot of fun coming your way.

Trex1200r

Equipment
B2301/54"MMM/QA FEL
Dec 22, 2015
Elizabeth, CO
Congrats on your new Kubota. I got the B2301 delivered at the end of January. I only have about 8 hours on it and have only used it for excavating so far. The Piranha bar has been a great addition.

I have run out of power a few times in high traction conditions and stalled it once. Nothing I can't live with though, it is an amazing little machine. I didn't get the rear tires filled, which is probably a mistake. When you have a full bucket full of dirt you have to be pretty careful on how high you lift it if you aren't on a pretty flat slope. A couple of times I have gotten a little careless and had it wobble for a second. The heart skips a beat for sure.
It will help when I get a little smoother with the loader. There is definitely a learning curve involved.

I need to find some kind of bucket level indicator that I can easily tell when my bucket is flat with the ground. I am always trying to either take too big of a bite out of the ground, or I think I am scraping some dirt and the bucket is empty. Anyway, going to be a great summer. Have fun!

jpf

Feb 26, 2016
butler, ga USA
I see you have the same mmm as I do.
let me ask you, how do you get the pins and keepers in to hold the mower up to use the 3 point lift? I couldn't get in there to install them?
I have started to search for some pins with spring loaded de tent balls so I don't need to try to put in the keeper pins.
I hope you have figured it out for me, thanks jpf

Trex1200r

Equipment
B2301/54"MMM/QA FEL
Dec 22, 2015
Elizabeth, CO
I haven't tried to lock the deck in place. My understanding is there is a knob below the seat that controls the mower height. So if you have the knob in the full up position, it won't lower the deck when the 3pt is lowered. I could be wrong though.....I should read the manual one of these days.

TREX

Trex1200r

Equipment
B2301/54"MMM/QA FEL
Dec 22, 2015
Elizabeth, CO
Just an update. The knob below the seat does indeed set the mower height and limits how low the mower will drop when lowering the 3 pt. receiver. So you can set the mower at max height and allows you to lower the the 3 pt without driving around dragging the mmm. I am sure most of you knew this.

My adjuster knob fell off, and fortunately saw the gear gizmo laying in the field and thought hey, that looks like it fell of my tractor. Took me a minute before I realized what it was. I have put it back on, but it keeps loosening up and falling off again. I think I need a nylon lock nut on it or maybe some thread lock? Now I have it snugged up good, but can't turn the knob, but when I leave it loose enough to adjust the height, it keeps rattling off.

On a separate note, I bought the titan attachments ballast box. I didn't get the tires filled and have scared myself a couple of times already. The box is super sturdy but the paint isn't exactly top notch, plus it doesn't match my kubota color.

A word of caution, I didn't have my 3 point top link bar adjusted out far enough and the bar bent the fender support that runs across the back. I was able to use a strap and the 3 pt lift to bend it back in place, but there was another lesson learned.

TREX

Atomic.Chad

Dec 25, 2015
US
Does your ROPS fit under your garage door (not folded down)? If so, is it a 7' high door? Just curious. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Trex, you said, "I need to find some kind of bucket level indicator that I can easily tell when my bucket is flat with the ground."

You have a picture posted of your tractor with the loader setting flat on the ground. Notice the top of the loader bucket has a flat area going from side to side about 3"-4" wide. That metal is parallel to the bottom edge of your bucket. You can train yourself to keep an eye on that top plate and know how your bucket is directed. A little practice, and you won't need more iron hanging on your tractor to indicate cutting edge angle.

Trex1200r

Equipment
B2301/54"MMM/QA FEL
Dec 22, 2015
Elizabeth, CO
My garage door is 8'. I don't think it would fit under a 7' door.

I'm getting better at judging the bucket angle. Thanks for the tip!

Greased the loader for the first time. I got to use my lincoln pneumatic grease gun for the first time. It worked great!

Ballast box has really helped the stability and I'm getting better at swapping out attachments. I'm going to have to get a lot better at all things tractor before I get too much older and weaker. All this crap is heavy!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Does your ROPS fit under your garage door (not folded down)? If so, is it a 7' high door? Just curious. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Nope! I delivered a BX with the ROPS up smucked the trim on the header fascia, good news customer told me drive into garage and it was all vinyl so no damage! First year for the foldable ROPS on the BX.

Pat

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Been thinking of getting the B2301 or the B2601. What the heck is that long handled thing to the right of the seat? I'd guess that would be something right off for me to modify.

jpf

Feb 26, 2016
butler, ga USA
guys, I have been using this 2301 since I got it. I now have more than 30 hrs on it.
much of the time using the joystick and I do mean JOYSTICK!
went to harbor freight the other day and picked up the quick hitch, what a bummer it won't fit any of my stuff without the adapter that will make it a slow hitch I guess?
anyway, just wanted to update how much I am enjoying my new kubota.
y'all have fun.
jpf

Kubotadude

Equipment
B2650
Apr 14, 2016
Illinois
Lucky you, Trex! Glad you are having fun. I have .4 hours on my 2601 and starting tomorrow I'll get my chance to enjoy it. We just burned the old weeds and stalk off of a couple acres of our sunflower plot. I'll be breaking the tractor in tilling with my Woods 52 inch tiller, and then a couple of deer plots to till up also. Then I'll use the loader to fill up my nephew's trailer with logs we cut up over the winter. After that, if it doesn't rain, start mowing and mowing. I can't wait! I'll just be careful to not lug the engine, and vary the RPMs. The joystick seems pretty sensitive compared to the BX. The loader moves quicker. That will take some getting used to. I'll leave the tiller on for the loader work. I'll need to get a ballast box. I like your setup. I know what you mean about scaring yourself. I have lifted my back wheels up more than once on my old BX when I didn't have weight in the back:eek: