Need tires, can't find any......

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
I can't seem to find tires for my tractor. I took my tires & wheels to my local tire shop (they sell lots of tractor tires) to have the old tires dismounted so I could sandblast & paint the wheels.
The dealer told me he would have to order my tires. A couple day's out. Ok.
Well, he calls me a couple day's later and says my tires are not available, so I have to wait for them to be made. 6 weeks!:eek:
I want Titan's, front & back. AG1 6-12 front, and 12.4-16 back.

Anyone know where I may be able to find some ?

I'm located in Northern Indiana.:)

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
Any Kubota dealerships near by that might have a tire supplier that can help you???

Sorry not much help :eek:

Randyj

Equipment
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
I've got availability on the 6x12 Titan 4ply Tru-Power, priced at $215 the rear 6 plys price at $685 ea, they are inbound around the end of the month first of May-ish.
:eek:
Holy, $#!^, Batman!

My local tire dealer must be doing me right, (even though he gave me a 6 week window).

The same exact Titan's thru him are going to be $75.00 ea for the front, and $250.00 ea for the rear.

I called him after I read your post, and asked him about his price and he still stands by his quote. I guess I won't have a tractor for a while.

I just don't understand how these tire prices can be all over the place.

I could have tires right away, if I would settle for two brands. Carlisle on front, and Firestone on back. But I want Titan's. So I wait.

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Different prices due to freight costs and most all volume buying is
always figured in,and I'd bet our friend in Canada isn't making any
different profit because of the supply chain.

You're actually lucky you can get them in the time frame you've been given
as I've experienced wait times way longer then not at all because they end
up no longer producing them.
Al

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
As unusual as it sounds, some mounted tires (tires with rims) can be bought for less that just the tires alone. Dealers can usually get them.

That would save the sanding and painting the rims as well.

However, the price on the tires you were quoted seems quite reasonable.

Foisy

Equipment
Kubota L3240, Great Bend Backhoe, LA514 Loader, rear snowblower
Mar 28, 2010
Northern Ontario
I just got a quote on a set of turf tires for my L3240. Dealer said it is cheaper to get them with rims than without. Total price was $1500 for the set. This is in Marquette Michigan. How does this compare?

Randyj

Equipment
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
I just got a quote on a set of turf tires for my L3240. Dealer said it is cheaper to get them with rims than without. Total price was $1500 for the set. This is in Marquette Michigan. How does this compare?
That's about what the Kubota dealer near me quoted me for just the rear tires.
One was over $650.00, the other side was $100 less? Couldn't figure that one out. The fronts were both the same price. Total price was crazy. I tossed the slip of paper I had the quote on. Can't remember the exact cost.

The thing that really got to me, was they were the exact same tire's I ended up ordering from the tire dealer down the road from the Kubota store. Same tire for hundreds less.

Beautiful day outside today. Wish I had some rubber on my tractor.:(