Need help with post hole digger l

NLG

Equipment
Kubota2501, front end loader, bucket, box blade, brush mower, post hole digger
Oct 11, 2021
North Carolina, USA
I recently purchased a post hole digger w/9 inch auger. My 2501 tractor barely lifts the auger off f the ground - maybe 2-3 inches. It drags the ground in the raised position. What do I need to do to get enough height to move around the property with the auger attached?

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
If its a typical 4' long auger you can look for a shorter one. Tractor Supply used to carry Country Pro augers which were 3' long.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
What TopLink hole is it mounted in? The lower hole should give the most lift, if my memory serves. Also the lower links to lift arm position matters. The holes closer to tractor give the most range at the sacrifice of lift capacity.

Reactions: 1 user

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
What TopLink hole is it mounted in? The lower hole should give the most lift, if my memory serves. Also the lower links to lift arm position matters. The holes closer to tractor give the most range at the sacrifice of lift capacity.
using the right setup will allow you to add a 2 1/2' extension. This is what I have on my L3301 allowing for 6 1/2' hole depths.

NLG

Equipment
Oct 11, 2021
North Carolina, USA
So just finished digging 7 post holes with a friend’s Massey Ferguson digger with no problem. Seems his digger boom is 6’ opposed to the 4’ boom on the SpeeCo Field Master. We were able to get plenty of ground clearance and the auger worked great. I know the dealer said the Field Master is made for the 2501, it just doesn’t work like it should. I’ve met some other 2501 owners with the Field Master who also are not able to pick the auger up high enough to move around the property. I’m a new tractor owner, 69 and a woman. Seems like a simple fix to me. SpeeCo needs a better design for the digger if they want it to work on my tractor.
I really appreciate everyone’s support here. Thank you each and every one.

NLG

Equipment
Oct 11, 2021
North Carolina, USA
using the right setup will allow you to add a 2 1/2' extension. This is what I have on my L3301 allowing for 6 1/2' hole depths.
I actually tried with them all. Gained about 1/2 inch.