Need a WSM (or advice) for a RCK60-30B - or similar deck

cwl3

Mar 31, 2016
Hickory, NC
I'm pretty new to Kubota tractors and the forum. I need some help with my RCK60-30B deck. I bought a well used 2410 with the belly mower recently. The gear oil seal on the bottom of the gear box has gone bad. I was putting oil in it and it all ran out onto the floor. Unfortunately, I mowed for about an hour after first getting the tractor home, before changeing out/topping off all fluids. I don't think I did horrible damage to the gear box, but I guess time will tell. Presently, I at least need to replace bottom seal. It is a first gen deck/gear box. (The gear box with black circular cover on front as well as top of box)

I've been looking around the web for a PDF operators and a WSM. I can't find either for the deck - but have found both manuals for other decks - I just don't know if there is any cross compatibility between RCK60-30B and other RCK decks.

I've got the box off after pulling the 4 bolts, and taking the center blade spindle nut and cir-clip off. We're ready to get at the seal, but it is not obvious how to get center pulley off. Also, there is a lower bearing for the center spindle *in* the deck. It is not shown on the parts diagram online. Not sure what it is or the PN, or how to get it out. I haven't played with it much yet, have been trying to get everything cleaned up so I can see it - but thought I'd post here asking for help replacing the seal, and thoughts on how to tell if I damaged the gear box running it for an hour with low (or no) 90 weight in it. If I torched it - any input on how hard to rebuild? I see new ones online for $900-1500 bucks (!) that seems super steep for something that look rebuildable - so I'm wondering what I'm missing.

Thanks for any help,

Calvin

Last edited:

cwl3

Mar 31, 2016
Hickory, NC
Thank you for the link. However, the link posted is a parts list, not an operator or WSM. Also, any input on my questions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Calvin

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
If my memory serves me right I think that there is a clip holding that spindle in from the bottom of the deck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk