Mysterious oil leak. It Vanished!

tow2topgun

Equipment
b6000
Feb 11, 2010
Dallas, Ga
Ok, so I had a heck of a bad leak when I first got this tractor (B6000). Changed all of the fluids and keep a very close check on the oil and hydraulic fluid. I have noticed the past few times that I have used it and parked it on the driveway to wash it off.... No oil on the ground! The oil is right on the mark where it should be according to the dipstick so I know it hasn't all ran out and is dry. What the heck??????

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I have seen this many times on my Cat loaders. I always heard it called a "Cold Leak" but don't no if that is the correct term for it. Even on a brand new machine it happens. They seem to start to show their ugly face during temp changes usually when it is going from cold to hot. I guess it has something to do with the rubber coupler expanding and contracting.

On my Cat the clamps normally could be tightened up just a little and the leak would go away. Hope this helps.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I just noticed where you are from. We are almost neighbors. In the same state anyway. I have been close to Dallas but never been there. I used to travel all over the state plus some of Ala and Tenn running a trackhoe.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Could be a thing of you over filled the fluids and they spilled out onto the ground because it was over filled. There was a fella on here a day or so ago who had the same problem, Turned out for him it was a matter of over filling the fluids.