My old machine is needing repair..

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
My right hip and knee are both bad, and I will need to have both repaired asap. I have heard that an anterior hip replacement is better than a posterior hip replacement, but so far I haven't heard why? After I get the hip done, I will have the knee done next, but people that have had it done, say that it is a lot worse than the hip. Your thoughts, if you have real experience, not second-hand experiences. Thanks

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Mom had both hips replaced at 80 said it was a breeze and she didnt know how much pain she was in till after. I had a total knee replaced and I was out of the game for like 3 months before I could do much of anything, I will here add however when you go to PT, push like you have never pushed before in your life. Dont slack in the PT and do what you are told,, makes the recovery a lot faster

Reactions: 1 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
My right hip and knee are both bad, and I will need to have both repaired asap. I have heard that an anterior hip replacement is better than a posterior hip replacement, but so far I haven't heard why? After I get the hip done, I will have the knee done next, but people that have had it done, say that it is a lot worse than the hip. Your thoughts, if you have real experience, not second-hand experiences. Thanks
The anterior replacement supposedly doesnt cut through any muscle which speeds up recovery time. My right hip done 22 years ago and left 18 were posterior. Recovery wasnt too bad but being in pain most of my arthritic life ive become quite pain tolerant. My first hip prosthesis I had to wait for the bone to grow around it so crutches and not letting my foot touch the ground for 3 months and then learn to walk again. The left when done was cemented and I was walking on it the same day! My sis had the anterior and she recovered quickly! Good luck its a piece of cake nowadays! Now the knee. I havent had the knee done yet but did have my right shoulder replaced. That was way worse than the hips. Well.....now y'all know why I got an orange wheel barrow! LOL!

Last edited:

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Have you tried injections for the knee? the new gel shots work wonders and I heard its made from that rubbery lookin thing on top of a roosters head! They are quite expensive at around 2 grand per shot but lucky my insurance covers it!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
If he is bone on bone like I was,, nothing will help

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
Had both knees replaced 90 days apart starting in July 2017–surgery was on a Monday morning, did my first PT in hospital and checked out Wednesday afternoon. Then outpatient PT started on that Friday and was 3x week for several weeks. Took two deer in late Sep/early Oct on the new knee and still bad one, had the bad knee done early October, and took two more deer on the two new knees in Nov/Dec—nothing stronger than Tylenol was taken. PT is the key to knocking back the ensuing scar tissue and getting your quadriceps back. Can’t miss a single session.

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Had a doctor's appointment today, and instead of the doctor, or physician's assistant, I got an RN. Took my blood pressure and said the numbers were good, and to come back on Friday to see another RN that will look at the knee. I wonder if she will take my blood pressure first? In the meantime, I am suffering. If I don't get any positive results on Friday, I am off to Boston where there are real doctors and hospitals that take these matters seriously. I think that they are just milking Medicare and my insurance company. I can't wait to see how much they charge for the visit, and what Medicare knocks it down to.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Yes, you need a real doctor. If you were in PA I could direct you to one that did an excellent job on both my wife and me. Medicare will have you jumping thru hoops playing around with pain killers and shots of chicken grease hoping that you will die before paying for major surgery. Health care is much worse today and it is akin to pushing a rope, you need to take control as best you can to make things happen.