My Local Dealer Is A Challenge

winesalot

Jul 14, 2016
Chelan, WA
The title is being nice.

When I was shopping for a tractor I applied for financing and was told no, you'll have to find your own financing. I asked some follow up questions but they had no interest in helping me. I called another dealer and explained my situation. They put me in contact with Kubota Financing in Texas who told me I had no credit history (We don't use credit cards ) I told them it didn't make sense to me since we had a house mortgage. We discovered that for some reason our mortgage company wasn't reporting to the credit bureaus. I emailed three years of statements to Kubota and we got our tractor.

So their sales department sucks in my opinion.

Now that I have my L4701 I realized I neglected to add the bucket position indicator. So I stopped in to my local dealer's parts counter and told them I needed the entire assembly. No problem they said and ordered it. A week later I get a call saying it was in. I drive the 50 minutes to their location and all that is there is the 2 foot orange tube that the indicator rod goes thru. I pointed out that I need more than this to make it work. After much looking at the computer he told me everything I needed would be on it's way. A week later I got the call that my parts were in so I make the drive and all that is there is the long rod that goes in to the fore mentioned orange tube. Nothing else. Her seems very proud that he figured it out. I asked how this attaches to the tractor? He can't seem to understand. After 10 minutes of looking at the computer screen he finally proclaimed that the parts department can't order the entire assembly as a single assembly, only the sales department can do that. OK, I will return the two parts you sold me and go ask sales to sell me the entire assembly I wanted two weeks ago. Not necessary he says. He will order the remaining parts for me. I point out that all of the individual parts probably cost quite a bit more than buying the full assembly as a single unit. He seemed baffled by the concept. He then told me that he would order the balance of the parts and check with sales and be sure my cumulative total not exceed the full assembly. I agreed. Now, a week later they cannot seem to find the last parts order that finished off the assembly.

Their parts department sucks worse than the sales department.

Not looking forward to dealing with the service department.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
LA765 loader bucket level indicator wholegoods number is L2130 $65.00 plus the ride in.

Since your confidence level is at 0 with these guys, let me know if I can send you one if necessary.

Shame on the sales dept for not checking with Kubota credit on the reason why the funding was not provided! I make a phone call unless they state no pay, bankruptcy or extended to far.

Pat

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Wines - - I know you’ve been around here a while.
Pat seems straight-up and knowledgeable in my book. Given your experience with your dealer, let Pat help you out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Winesalot, your example of not getting the bucket indicator after several trips is a very good reason to use a credit card when purchasing such items. I'd take the parts back to the counter man and ask for credit. If he said he can't do it, I'd leave the parts and call the CC company to file a protest. The CC gives you another lever of control.

By the way, I think CC's are way overused. We have one. Got it about 20 years ago because we needed to buy an airline ticket and that simplified the process. From then on we buy gas, internet items, misc. and pay if off at the end of each month.

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
Off theme but actually you need at least 2 major CC's. You also should not run them up over 25% of allowable and use them at least twice a year.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
It doesn't really matter to us. We don't need/use a credit score.

The score is just a method to get folks to buy things, to prove they pay, so they can borrow more, so they can pay more/longer. It's a rat race that can drag many families to a point of living pay day to pay day and never caught up, because they never learn to manage funds. They buy things they want because it's easy.

Back to regular scheduled broadcast....

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
At the risk of sounding like a fanboy.... I use Messicks.com for parts searches, I look at the exploded diagrams and write down part numbers. I then tell the kid at the counter what part numbers to order. More than once, Messicks was cheaper even after shipping than local shop. That way, if its wrong, its my fault. Not an Autozone type counter guy asking me what year and engine size when all I want is wiper blades......

Kubota BX 1860

Equipment
BX 1860, oops, traded it for a BX2370
Jun 23, 2011
Raymond, ME
It doesn't really matter to us. We don't need/use a credit score.

The score is just a method to get folks to buy things, to prove they pay, so they can borrow more, so they can pay more/longer. It's a rat race that can drag many families to a point of living pay day to pay day and never caught up, because they never learn to manage funds. They buy things they want because it's easy
Sigh....the consumer has ultimate control over their spending, not the credit card issuers. Some are better at it than others, but it's not the fault of the credit card companies if someone gets in over their head--it's ultimately the fault of the consumer. This is what used to be referred to as "individual responsibility." No reason to accept responsibility though, when you can blame your mistakes on big corporations. :-(

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com

Credit Card = Free For A Month -
And a nice check at the end of the year :D
and as D2 said "someone to fight the merchant for you"

Just don't over do it, use it in place of cash,
pay it off at the end of the month

OrangeColoredTractor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2017 L2501 4WD HST
May 10, 2017
Washington
The credit score is based on your last 2 years of activity. Your credit report goes back 10 years. I ran into the same issue. I own my home, all my cars/trucks and no debt and use a debit card for years. Went to buy a Kawasaki Mule, was going to pay cash and they offered 6 months same as cash. So I took it. They let me know my credit score was 0. (it should really be called a debt score) and a 0 is the ultimate goal for many I guess. My entire credit history was perfect and its goes back (visable) 10 years, but your score is based on just the last 2 years. So I financed the mule for 2 years to get my score back and grab a charge card from my bank. In no time, it squirted up to 670 in 30 days (still nto a good score), then 770 (very good) and in no time, was 818 (excellent) and that is when I went in and got my Kubota, 0 down, 0% interest for 5 years.
I no longer owe on the Kawasaki Mule and use a credit card now and pay it off before each billing cycle.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Unless you have something relevant to winesalot's issue, let's move on....

I believe 'Cat's first mention of CC's was relevant/legit...rest not so much.....

I would still buy it from Pat, and pay via Apple Pay...CASH! Or maybe BitCoin...Does that make everybody feel better?!?!?

(Yeah right, as if I knew how to do that.....:). Kinda like Bigfoot, I've heard it exists....:eek:)

Shake keyboards, and agree to disagree....:cool:

Last edited:

winesalot

Jul 14, 2016
Chelan, WA
Unless you have something relevant to winesalot's issue, let's move on....

I believe 'Cat's first mention of CC's was relevant/legit...rest not so much.....

I would still buy it from Pat, and pay via Apple Pay...CASH! Or maybe BitCoin...Does that make everybody feel better?!?!?

(Yeah right, as if I knew how to do that.....:). Kinda like Bigfoot, I've heard it exists....:eek:)

Shake keyboards, and agree to disagree....:cool:
Thanks for the 'Move On' message. I didn't post this for financial advice.

Pburchett

Equipment
MX5200HST
May 7, 2016
South Central KY
Sounds to me as if the dealership has a bunch of employees that don't care. They are probably there for just the paycheck or all they can milk the company out of before they move on. Typical workers for today's culture.