Mx6000

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
First time owning hst what do I need to watch for?
Sticks and stuff poking holes in your filters and wreaking havoc with the dainty levers, linkages, tubes, sensors, and wires on the underbelly.

Reactions: 1 user

Jms63

Equipment
Mx6000
Oct 17, 2021
Alabama
A beauty, how many acres do you have and what's in its future.
40 acres about 15 acres pasture land, tornado came through downed all my timber going get it cleaned up with track hoe and hopefully add about 10 acres of level ground to that pasture…. Daughter and her husband just bought 21 acres of cleared timber land going to work on hers with bush hog …. Got plenty to do… lots grapple work still haven’t decided on grapple ….. would like the EA WICKED but kindly pricey and wait period too

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
40 acres about 15 acres pasture land, tornado came through downed all my timber going get it cleaned up with track hoe and hopefully add about 10 acres of level ground to that pasture…. Daughter and her husband just bought 21 acres of cleared timber land going to work on hers with bush hog …. Got plenty to do… lots grapple work still haven’t decided on grapple ….. would like the EA WICKED but kindly pricey and wait period too
Seems like the proper machine for your purpose. I "invested" in a Stihl MS 462 chainsaw a year ago and wish I had done it sooner. My first "big" chainsaw. It cuts the big stuff like a hot knife thru butter. Might be worth considering if you can justify it. I have almost always enjoyed the physical labor associated with cutting up, burning and splitting wood and I have done plenty without ever having had a grapple. So what I figure if it takes longer. I used to pay to go to a gym for physical exertion purposes and it was less enjoyable. Have fun and be careful.

Reactions: 1 users

Hunters gun

Equipment
“My gun collection is bigger than your gun collection”
Oct 18, 2021
PA
Check out HLA attachments and grapples. Farm tough.

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
Did I just not see it or it looks like no 3rd function on there. Beautiful machine though. Congrats. Will make all those projects fun for sure.

JRS

Oct 27, 2021
Central Texas
Beautiful tractor! I ordered a MX6000 one month ago. I’m hoping it won’t take 7 months. Enjoy yours!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Did I just not see it or it looks like no 3rd function on there. Beautiful machine though. Congrats. Will make all those projects fun for sure.
I see third function connections on FEL.

SDT

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Very nice, do order your implement as soon as possible due to the long waits. You could also search local, and you might get lucky! Not sure if you are interested in a Land Pride or not, but my local dealer has implied there is a production schedule that they order from, so you could ask them when they expect their order and if convenient, save some money on shipping.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Took 7 months to get her but finally arrived View attachment 68533
Congratulations. I would not trade mine for 10 relatives. I hope you enjoy the ‘new’ experience. I would not trade my dog for 10 relatives either. But remember this, if you lock your dog and significant other in the trunk and leave there all day, when you get home only one will be happy to see you.

• Haha

Hunters gun

Equipment
“My gun collection is bigger than your gun collection”
Oct 18, 2021
PA
HLA single arm log grapple with pallet forks

1635504823324.jpeg

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
A HST is nothing like a gear machine... but I like mine. Get familiar with cleaning the chaff out of the radiator.

Other than that
Ballast always, and cab glass/roofs are not cheap... I think they call them bubble cabs, because they need a bubble of safety around them. Always! keep doors closed when moving.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Congratulations on the awesome tractor. Are those the AG tires?

I've had mine since February and have a little over 80 hours on it. I'm still waiting on the cab model ordered in July. The MX6000 is a great tractor for general purpose work.

I don't think you have anything to watch for with the HST. Think of the treadle peddle as a gear selector. The more you push it down the "higher the gear" ... kind of ... and that's about it. I run around in M for the most part. I do wish that that was a 4WD light on the dash but overall I have very few complaints and zero regrets other than I should have bought the cab model from the get go.

Jms63

Equipment
Mx6000
Oct 17, 2021
Alabama
Congratulations on the awesome tractor. Are those the AG tires?

I've had mine since February and have a little over 80 hours on it. I'm still waiting on the cab model ordered in July. The MX6000 is a great tractor for general purpose work.

I don't think you have anything to watch for with the HST. Think of the treadle peddle as a gear selector. The more you push it down the "higher the gear" ... kind of ... and that's about it. I run around in M for the most part. I do wish that that was a 4WD light on the dash but overall I have very few complaints and zero regrets other than I should have bought the cab model from the get go.
Yes ag tires