MX6000 tractor creep

drgnner

Equipment
MX6000 84 inch land pride finish mower land pride 6 ft grapple, box blade, etc
Apr 9, 2021
Florida
Im new to this forum. Best wishes to all.

I was using the grapple to relocate tree limbs and a few root balls and ended up loosing a root ball and drove over it. I was almost stuck in a landfill of brush and limbs, but I reversed direction when it began to sink into the landfill and once parked on level ground, I noticed that with it in gear it wanted to creep backwards. I did find a bent brake connecting linkage which I fixed, but that was all I could find that was bent. It still creeps backwards. The only other visual component I can see that is possibly damaged is a cable that runs along the side of the transmission and connects to the hand lever for cruise control. Im not sure what the thin cable is for.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Sounds like you lost the "Neutral" position of those components. The cable is the cruise friction lock for the pedal position. You probably still have bent brackets. At minimum those need to be re-homed to neutral. Factory service manual should have the procedure. Someone will chime in with it.

Look at the 120-110 rod to see if it looks bent. The hst pedal movement translates via a rod to the left side.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

drgnner

Equipment
Apr 9, 2021
Florida
Sounds like you lost the "Neutral" position of those components. The cable is the cruise friction lock for the pedal position. You probably still have bent brackets. At minimum those need to be re-homed to neutral. Factory service manual should have the procedure. Someone will chime in with it.

Look at the 120-110 rod to see if it looks bent. The hst pedal movement translates via a rod to the left side.
I just finished printing the parts pages off. At least I know what the component name is now. I am headed back out to see if there is anything bent that I missed. Will let you know.

Thank you KUBOTAFREAK!

Frank

drgnner

Equipment
Apr 9, 2021
Florida
I just finished printing the parts pages off. At least I know what the component name is now. I am headed back out to see if there is anything bent that I missed. Will let you know.

Thank you KUBOTAFREAK!

Frank

You were correct about bent brackets. Part number 010 which is a plate with two studs on it and which is also a mount for other brackets and linkages has a bent, long stud. Maybe 5 degrees off center.

I cannot tell if that linkage, part number 110 is bent without removing it.

The stud needs to be straightened and the cruise control cable you mention needs to be replaced as the casing is pulled away from the end (stretched), so far.

Thanks for the direction...it helped.

kubotafreak

Equipment
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Glad you can get it sorted out. I would look for a copy of the Work Shop Service manual. There are specific adjustments related to that throttle pedal and the cruise. You have probably figured out, that the pedal will even effect the starting of the machine if the neutral spot is not correct.

drgnner

Equipment
Apr 9, 2021
Florida
Glad you can get it sorted out. I would look for a copy of the Work Shop Service manual. There are specific adjustments related to that throttle pedal and the cruise. You have probably figured out, that the pedal will even effect the starting of the machine if the neutral spot is not correct.
Oh yeah. Noticed that right away. Tapping the treadle slightly made me realize it was an interlock issue.

Finding a service manual is not an easy task so far. I felt lucky to find a parts manual.

Also, I hate being on my back on a concrete pad wrenching. Also, I have no faith in the local Kubota service anymore. It looks like I may be on my back on the concrete soon.

I appreciate the dialog.

Thanks.

drgnner

Equipment
Apr 9, 2021
Florida
Oh yeah. Noticed that right away. Tapping the treadle slightly made me realize it was an interlock issue.

Finding a service manual is not an easy task so far. I felt lucky to find a parts manual.

Also, I hate being on my back on a concrete pad wrenching. Also, I have no faith in the local Kubota service anymore. It looks like I may be on my back on the concrete soon.

I appreciate the dialog.

Thanks.
Short update: I ordered new linkage and a shop manual for this tractor through Messicks. Parts told me that they had to order everything through Japan. They could not find any of the parts I wanted in the USA.

I am patiently waiting and aware of the problem when I use the tractor.

kubotafreak

Equipment
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
It wont be too bad, I had to order a part like that the other day.

drgnner

Equipment
Apr 9, 2021
Florida
It wont be too bad, I had to order a part like that the other day.
I found neutral!

I had been sitting, going through the WSM and with the bent parts replaced, it still creeped backwards.

I was missing something. I was getting discouraged. I was beginning to have a bit of doubt. I was not going to call the dealer.

I suddenly realized that I needed a second set of eyes to look at it. I called my neighbor.

A few minutes after he looked at it he asked me for a #5 allen wrench. Told me to start the engine for 5 seconds to be sure it was in neutral. He made the adjustment and a few minutes later we were celebrating with a nice cold one. Yaaay!

Kubotafreak, you were right on the money sending me into the neutral position with the pedal!

Thank you very much!