Mx5800 won't stay running

Mx5800 owner

Equipment
Mx5800
Aug 29, 2022
Georgia
Hello all. I have an MX5800. It will run for a bit then shut off like it's starved for fuel. I have pumped out the fuel tank and run the fuel back thru a filtered funnel before putting it back in. I have found trash in both the fuel and tank. I've also cleaned and even changed the fuel filter. Aside from pulling all the fuel lines is there anything else I can check?

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
Hello all. I have an MX5800. It will run for a bit then shut off like it's starved for fuel. I have pumped out the fuel tank and run the fuel back thru a filtered funnel before putting it back in. I have found trash in both the fuel and tank. I've also cleaned and even changed the fuel filter. Aside from pulling all the fuel lines is there anything else I can check?
First make sure that if you have a solenoid shut off for fuel, that it is holding the solenoid open to allow fuel flow to the injector pump. If that's operating correctly go on to the next step.

Remove the line that runs from the tank to the fuel filter. Fuel should gush out like a cow peein' on a flat rock! If it is intermittent or dribbles you found your problem. Go on to the next component in the fuel delivery system and try the same test. You changed the fuel filter (did you bleed the system after you changed the filter?) but if you found crap and corruption in the fuel and the tank, the passages in the filter head could be restricted too. When you get to the lift pump (if you have one) and remove the discharge hose and crank the engine. You should have the same result unless the lift pump is defective.
Do this systematically and you'll find the problem.