MX5400 & Implements

Zack

Jul 3, 2020
Alabama
I’m tractor shopping and think I have settled on the MX5400. I’ve got 135 acres half of which is open ground that I intend to maintain with bush hogging and wildlife plantings.

I’m looking at the 25 series discs from Land Pride. Specifically the 2572 disc harrows. One of the dealers I've been shopping with seemed to think that tractor would have trouble pulling that set of discs. Is this true? I don’t feel like it should be an issue but wanted to get input. Also planning for a Land Pride 1872 cutter.
Just looking for opinions on these implements. I’m planning to go with the MX5400, open station, with FEL and 3rd valve for grapple.
Also, anyone have dealer recommendations in Central Alabama? I’m working with 4 dealers currently just trying to get ideas on pricing and then plan to see if they will price match.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I have a mx5800 and pull an everything attachments heavy duty 82” disc, you need weight in the disc unit to get into the ground, angle has an impact on pulling. I use a Woods BBX72 brush hog with a slip clutch. My MX handles both units very well.