MX5400/6000 Cab Buddy seat

Plaz

Equipment
MX5400
Nov 24, 2020
Saskatchewan
Im just curious if anyone has thought about or found a way to put a small (child size) buddy seat in the MX5400 cab... thinking like a frame overtop of the gear shift (mine is hydro).. just figured id ask before i start ripping stuff apart to see what i can mount to

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
WELCOME to the forum!

A flip-up, back jump seat from a small extended cab pickup comes to mind. They are small, they flip up and already have a bracket that could be modified. A junkyard run should score one.

Just don't mention here that you want to put a kid in it. It is an odd group of people here that I thought (with all my time on the old ford forum) would be get-it-done farmer types. The Kubota market is completely different, there are a lot of urban leaf movers, arm-chair lawyers and nannies here as well as a few farmers.

The ladder group will say go for it, teach away. The former group will say you should live inside the condom until you die. And then there are the passive aggressives - "Do what you want it is your tractor - but don't come back here and complain after you kill everyone".

I was taught on a tractor by my grandfather before I even remember doing it. So I say two thumbs up (y)(y). There needs to be more "tractoring" taught to the young these days, not less.

Reactions: 6 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
WELCOME to the forum!

A flip-up, back jump seat from a small extended cab pickup comes to mind. They are small, they flip up and already have a bracket that could be modified. A junkyard run should score one.

Just don't mention here that you want to put a kid in it. It is an odd group of people here that I thought (with all my time on the old ford forum) would be get-it-done farmer types. The Kubota market is completely different, there are a lot of urban leaf movers, arm-chair lawyers and nannies here as well as a few farmers.

The ladder group will say go for it, teach away. The former group will say you should live inside the condom until you die. And then there are the passive aggressives - "Do what you want it is your tractor - but don't come back here and complain after you kill everyone".

I was taught on a tractor by my grandfather before I even remember doing it. So I say two thumbs up (y)(y). There needs to be more "tractoring" taught to the young these days, not less.
Gee NHSleddog, I'm not a farmer so I get the feeling I should feel offended by your post, but I don't! Go figure...LOL

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
An MX5400 or MX6000 and especially with a cab are great candidates for a jump seat, they have enough size to properly use it.
Just do yourself a favor and make sure it also has a seat belt!

Now putting a jump seat on a B / BX just so you can tool around with your kid / grandkid not wise!
Yea that was a little bit of being a nanny but I've seen enough bad things to not want to see or hear of more.

But I guess I shouldn't be the one to talk, as I've been known to run both my tractor and bobcat with a wolf riding with me. 🤪

Reactions: 3 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Gee NHSleddog, I'm not a farmer so I get the feeling I should feel offended by your post, but I don't! Go figure...LOL
I'm not a farmer either - lol. What are your thoughts on teaching youngsters tractoring? That would be the question and probably why you took no offense. No offense was meant, it is just an observation based on the old NH forum I visited.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
An MX5400 or MX6000 and especially with a cab are great candidates for a jump seat, they have enough size to properly use it.

Now putting a jump seat on a B / BX just so you can tool around with your kid / grandkid not wise!
Yea that was a little bit of being a nanny but I've seen enough bad things to not want to see or hear of more.

But I guess I shouldn't be the one to talk, as I've been known to run both my tractor and bobcat with a wolf riding with me. 🤪
OK, so none of this,
tractor-woods.jpg

I think we can all agree on that.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa

Picture of wolf please.

Reactions: 1 users

ibbuckhunter

Equipment
MX6000
Dec 20, 2021
Hi, Im brand new to the forum as I just ordered my first Kubota, (MX6000) and was thinking the same thing. When looking at the competition I really liked the buddy seat in the New Holland Boomer. If any of you come up with a way to install that buddy seat I would like to see how you did it. saw this on Amazon today: Wondering if it might work. Expensive though. Ill have to wait until my tractor comes in to figure something out.
1640052948745.png

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I just don't see that. The cab isn't very big but if someone wants to show some photos of a jump seat in an MX cab I'm sure it would be interesting if not practical.

I'd like it if my heeler could ride around with me but there isn't room for her and she's only 40lb. Obviously, her requirements are different from those of a child but I just don't think there's enough room.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I just don't see that. The cab isn't very big but if someone wants to show some photos of a jump seat in an MX cab I'm sure it would be interesting if not practical.

I'd like it if my heeler could ride around with me but there isn't room for her and she's only 40lb. Obviously, her requirements are different from those of a child but I just don't think there's enough room.
My wolf rides comfortably with me in my 743 Bobcat, and there is almost not enough from in there for me, so anything is possible! ;)