MX5200 POR06 code

Hygene2016

Equipment
M5200D-HST
Aug 1, 2022
Central Minnesota
Appears to be, that I had a bad cell in my battery and it caused a POR06 code and an E-95 code. Replaced battery and it turns over fine, but will not start. Had a general service repair guy (says he works on some Kubota tractors) tell me to replace the ECM and the alternator, because he thinks the alternator had a spike and knocked out the ECM. Any thought of how to proceed. I spoke with a electrical rewind shop and he said he rarely sees the alternator go bad. I will have him check the alternator, but if it is my ECM can I buy one and install myself or is that a bad idea? Will I be able to clear the code (POR06) after installing the ECM or do I need a special tool?

JP_Austin

Equipment
2021 Kubota M4D-071
Feb 15, 2022
Austin TX
I'd diagnose the no start a bit better. Getting a second opinion from a known expert on this model will be key. Loading up the parts cannon can be very expensive and ECM's are not going to be cheap.

Was there any damage done to it recently? Animals chew into the wiring? A short circuit can take out a battery easily as well as be a reason it will not start. I'd be looking for rodent damage first and doing a bit more diagnosis for why it's not starting.

Hygene2016

Equipment
M5200D-HST
Aug 1, 2022
Central Minnesota
I'd diagnose the no start a bit better. Getting a second opinion from a known expert on this model will be key. Loading up the parts cannon can be very expensive and ECM's are not going to be cheap.

Was there any damage done to it recently? Animals chew into the wiring? A short circuit can take out a battery easily as well as be a reason it will not start. I'd be looking for rodent damage first and doing a bit more diagnosis for why it's not starting.
Good information and I have decided to call the service tec back and have him follow through with the install of the PCM after he gives me a quote. I will have the starter checked out and look for chewed wires. I am not familiar if I need some kind of instrument to clear the codes once I replace the PCM myself, so I think I have decided to get the checkbook out and bit the bullet. Thanks for your time and direction.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
If your guy does not have the diagmaster software you are just wasting money and wont fix the issue. Yours is a newer tractor and you cannot fix it by throwing parts at it.
Get it to a dealer with the software.
A new ECM will likely need to be programmed with your tractor's VIN so you buy a new one for thousands and then it still does not run.
Dave