MX Series hydraulic quick coupler

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Anyone here fab up a hydraulic quick coupler for a MX series tractor? I'm thinking about taking on the task because I got spoiled using them on other equipment I operate.

Looking at things it doesn't look like to bad of a project since I already have plumbing up front from the 3rd function. I'm thinking about adding a diverter to that line to switch between the 3rd function and the quick couple and just use the same buttons on the loader handle to operate both depending on which one is selected. Just need to come up with a double action cylinder the correct length and then either modify the handles to connect it to or come up with some different handles.

I was just wondering if anyone here has already done this so I don't have to completely recreate the wheel. :)

I know I'm getting to lazy to jump out of the cab to change between attachments.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Anyone here fab up a hydraulic quick coupler for a MX series tractor? I'm thinking about taking on the task because I got spoiled using them on other equipment I operate.

Looking at things it doesn't look like to bad of a project since I already have plumbing up front from the 3rd function. I'm thinking about adding a diverter to that line to switch between the 3rd function and the quick couple and just use the same buttons on the loader handle to operate both depending on which one is selected. Just need to come up with a double action cylinder the correct length and then either modify the handles to connect it to or come up with some different handles.

I was just wondering if anyone here has already done this so I don't have to completely recreate the wheel. :)

I know I'm getting to lazy to jump out of the cab to change between attachments.
Someone has done it with an electric actuator, don’t think it was on a MX though.

Reactions: 1 user

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
DIY My Way on YouTube did that with an electric linear actuator. Might want to watch that for some ideas.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
search Messick's site. He demoed a used tractor that had a factory one installed.
I talked with Messick's and they told me that there wasn't one available for the MX series with the LA1065 loader.

Last edited:

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I talked with Messick's and they told me that there wasn't one available for the MX series withe the LA1065 loader.
Sounds like a challenge to me! Telling me something can't be done just encourages me onward!! Others results may vary.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
DIY My Way on YouTube did that with an electric linear actuator. Might want to watch that for some ideas.
Yeah I saw that but I really want to use the hydraulics like the ones on the skid loaders.
Sounds like a challenge to me! Telling me something can't be done just encourages me onward!! Others results may vary.
Yeah I'm gonna have to have a go at it.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Don't the Grand L's have this option? That loader is a LA1055.
Found it.
Screenshot 2023-01-24 085628.png

Cost on that cylinder is outrageous! $1000.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Here's the handles too, they seem to be different for the cylinder to attach to.
Screenshot 2023-01-24 090220.png

I'm not saying any of this will actually fit, but there it is.

Reactions: 1 users

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Well I got the 4th function setup done and I found a cheap double acting cylinder on Ebay I think will work perfectly just need a couple hoses made up and figure out the connection to the Q.A. handles.

Here are some pictures of the 4th function setup I used a Summit diverter. Also a picture of the Ebay double acting cylinder I got.

IMG_2865.jpeg

I have my snow plow hooked up to circuit 1 and it functions good I have the circuit 2 plugged for now.

IMG_2862.jpeg

Not a great pic but there is where I put the Summit diverter switch.

IMG_2863.jpeg

I added a extension to the wires with a weather proof connector so I can still drop off the loader if I want to without removing anything.

IMG_2866.jpeg

Nice orange colored cylinder I got off of Ebay only 166.95 total Kubota wanted almost 1k for it.

Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 7.06.43 PM.png

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Looks good!
Here is the difference between the QH and the Normal manual latches.

Manual Latches
1675644412572.png

Hydraulic Latches
1675644344602.png

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Looks good!
Here is the difference between the QH and the Normal manual latches.

Manual Latches
View attachment 95327

Hydraulic Latches
View attachment 95326
Yeah I saw that so I ordered the handles, pins, pin stops and bushings along with the needed hardware. Those were the only part numbers that were different than the manual handles so I'm thinking I should be good to go once I get those parts and make up a couple hoses. I'll post some more pictures once I get it all together.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Well I finished the hydraulic coupler project and it functions perfectly I'm really happy with it :)

Below are a few pictures of it in different positions. It's really nice being able to just toggle between the 3rd and 4th function depending what you want to do and then just use the buttons on the loader control to operate the Q.A. coupler (4th function) or grapple (3rd function)

IMG_2875.jpeg

IMG_2872.jpeg
IMG_2873.jpeg

IMG_2874.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Well I finished the hydraulic coupler project and it functions perfectly I'm really happy with it :)

Below are a few pictures of it in different positions. It's really nice being able to just toggle between the 3rd and 4th function depending what you want to do and then just use the buttons on the loader control to operate the Q.A. coupler (4th function) or grapple (3rd function)

View attachment 95461
View attachment 95462 View attachment 95463
View attachment 95464
Very nice! What was the total cost, minus the summit diverter? And you absolutely STOLE that cylinder on eBay!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

Below are a few pictures of it in different positions. It's really nice being able to just toggle between the 3rd and 4th function depending what you want to do and then just use the buttons on the loader control to operate the Q.A. coupler (4th function)
Very nice and professional! If you told me it was OEM I would believe you. Was it as easy as it looks? Just two bolt holes in the manual coupler?

Edit: I should have read the full thread - for all practical purposes it is OEM :rolleyes:

Dan

Last edited:

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Very nice and professional! If you told me it was OEM I would believe you. Was it as easy as it looks? Just two bolt holes in the manual coupler?

Edit: I should have read the full thread - for all practical purposes it is OEM :rolleyes:

Dan

I used a Summit diverter valve I had in my shop and a cylinder I got on Ebay plus a couple custom length hoses. The rest of the parts were Kubota parts for the LA1055 loader that they use on the Grand L 60 series tractors.

It works great and looks pretty good too.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I used a Summit diverter valve I had in my shop and a cylinder I got on Ebay plus a couple custom length hoses. The rest of the parts were Kubota parts for the LA1055 loader that they use on the Grand L 60 series tractors.

It works great and looks pretty good too.
Looks very good!!!

I have no real need but now I want one.

Dan

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I got all the Kubota parts from Messick's they are a great place to deal with and during the month of January they were giving you 10 percent off parts. :)

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I got all the Kubota parts from Messick's they are a great place to deal with and during the month of January they were giving you 10 percent off parts. :)
That prompted me to look at your profile. Turns out we are not too distant neighbors. I make 3 or 4 day trips per year to Abbottstown to play golf.

Dan