MX 6000 Ballast, Multi Seal and spacer questions.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
OK, time to finally close out this thread. The wheels are now at position #4 from the manual (gaining approximately 5" of width overall) and each rear tire has 50 gallons of Rimguard plus 5 gallons of MultiSeal Hydro 1500. I put the Multiseal HD 2500 in the front tires myself a few days before it went in. After being returned to me, I retorqued all wheel bolts (they were fine), marked the bolts. with a Sharpie and then jacked up the rear of the tractor to check the air pressure at 12 O'clock with tires off the ground, Both were a bit overinflated (25 psi), so I brought them down to 21 psi using an air/water pressure gauge. The beet juice is a little nasty to clean off but overall the prolonged experience seemed worth it!

Brush hogged a bunch of multiflora rose patches yesterday to make more food plots for this year and things went very well - I could definitely feel the difference in stability and am (so far) quite happy with the result.

Thanks for the suggestions and insights...
Go down to 8-10psi. Will ride much better.

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
I was surprised how comfortable it was compared to pre-ballast. I was brush hogging in some really rough stuff and never got a "jolt" in my back. I was sure I would be adding the air ride suspension seat next but I did 4 straight hours and felt no discomfort at all. Of course, I wasn't moving very fast either...

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Just to be clear on what you ended up doing on your tractor would you please post exactly what you ended up doing? I think I know but there was a lot of options that you had to decide on.

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
Just to be clear on what you ended up doing on your tractor would you please post exactly what you ended up doing? I think I know but there was a lot of options that you had to decide on.
Tractor went to dealer to move R14 two piece wheels to "widest" position (#4 in manual; they arrived in position #3). That gained about 5" of track width. Tractor in barn and I haven't measured but total width outer tread to outer tread of R14s at position #4 I guess around 76-80" I can measure later. I have an 84" finish mower on back for extra weight that still clears the outer treads, but not by much.

Then from dealer to tire shop that sold Rimguard. Calculated dose from Rimguard's site was 57 gallons per tire to reach 75% fill, but Multiseal directions call for 10% of liquid ballast to be replaced with their Hydro 1500 for sealing small punctures. So, They put in 50 gallons of beet juice and 5 gallons of Hydroseal 1500 (that I provided) in each tire/wheel.

The difference is very noticeable and I'm glad I did it in spite of the cost. Things really added up.