Mower Forum and ZD28 Universal Joint & Greasing Questions

Atlanta Panther

Equipment
Kubota L3200HST with Loaded R4 Tires, LA524 Loader and Quick Connect 66" bucket
Jun 15, 2013
Madison, Ga
When I search for my mower I get a list of posts that are in the "Mower Forum". Yet I don't see this forum under the "Forums" drop down menu. Where do I look to access this forum so I can look at all the posts?

Under greasing the Universal Joints, the manual shows 3 grease fitting locations on the shaft from back to front which I've identified as:
  • Immediately to the Rear of the Radiator Fan
  • Underneath the Radiator Shroud
  • Right behind the mower deck
Are these the correct locations for these? I want to make sure I'm capturing them all. The reason I ask is because I'm used to seeing grease fittings actually in the U-Joints themselves, as opposed to what are basically the shafts in this setup. So how does the grease actually get up to the universal joints themselves from the fittings on the shaft?

Also, when greasing the machine, I do not see any grease fittings for the:
  • Motion Control Levers
  • Seat Adjuster
  • Throttle Cable ends
  • Front anti-scalp rollers (I do see grease fittings on the Roller Brackets but not near the rollers themselves)
Do I just spray some Fluid Film in these areas and call it a day?

Thanks for all your help!

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
I believe your grease locations for the driveshaft are correct. I usually slip the drive shaft off the rear location so that I can bend the u-jointsbto head able to get a grease gun on the. The owners manualmshould show any points for the motion control levers. I don’t remember any. Don’t forget to grease the front axle pivot point. That’s done from the bottom if I remember correctly.