Mower Deck Gauge Wheels

tim0477

Jul 15, 2010
PA
Hi,

The RC60-72 mower deck under my new to me B7200 needs a little attention. The front gauge wheels have worn out their bushings and have also worn notches into the shaft. The Kubota dealer was in the $400 - $500 range on replacement parts, so I want to try making something myself.

I plan to cut off the worn shaft and weld a new one onto the yoke piece. I have been looking for wheels with bearings in McMaster Carr as well as the steel shaft to make the new axle. The original wheels measure 6 and 1/8" diameter and 2 and 1/2" wide. My question is would a 6" diameter X 2" wide wheel work OK, or should I be looking at something wider? What about bearings? I can find both straight roller bearings and ball bearings in the wheel size I am looking at, which should work better?

Thanks
Tim

tim0477

Jul 15, 2010
PA
Hi,

This pic is the best I can do until Wednesday when I will be home. I am thinking of using McMaster 2319T43 6" X 3" wheel with straight roller bearings riding on steel shaft McMaster 6061K604. Plan on drilling the old 3/4" shaft out of the mounting arm and welding my new 1" shaft on.

Thanks,
Tim

Attachments

Blkvoodoo

Equipment
B2400, LA352, RC60, Cammond Box Blade
Mar 27, 2010
Zebulon NC
Hi,

The RC60-72 mower deck under my new to me B7200 needs a little attention. The front gauge wheels have worn out their bushings and have also worn notches into the shaft. The Kubota dealer was in the $400 - $500 range on replacement parts, so I want to try making something myself.
you won't get around the $90 for the wheel stays ( the caster swivel and axle for the wheel )

My dealer did find that there is a different part number for the wheels and bushings, and they come as a kit.

70000-00607 $56.25(ea) thru Messicks website.

I bought the wheels and the caster/axle assy and the bushing to the swivel, about $350 total

I tried to make some other wheels work, and they did, but the bearings don't stand up to the abuse ( probably why the wheels have bushings )

don't like that I had to spend this much, but it could have been worse.