mounting bracket

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
WHAT???? an Ipod on a Kubota? NO WAY! We dont have Ipods on our Kubota's and we damn sure dont sip Starbucks while operating either. We chew tobacco and drink beer on our Kubota's LOL

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
We chew tobacco and drink beer on our Kubota's LOL

Hell ya! I freak and stress if I'm out of chew while tractor driving. And the beer, that's a god given right!

You did forget guns though. When I'm out work'n on the tractor I'm chew'n, drink'n and shoot'n guns.

Scott

avi8tor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800DT, BX2380, RTV X900
Mar 14, 2010
Cleveland, Alabama
Hell ya! I freak and stress if I'm out of chew while tractor driving. And the beer, that's a god given right!

You did forget guns though. When I'm out work'n on the tractor I'm chew'n, drink'n and shoot'n guns.

Scott
You sound like you are from the south:D

Durangogeek

Equipment
L2800HST, MacBook Pro 13, Cessna 182
Mar 16, 2010
Durango, CO
iPAD, Eric, PAD! that new thing that came out yesterday. Remember: I'm a computer geek, ex-tobacco chewer, and bull rider.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Pad, Pod its all unmanly crap we dont put on our stinkin tractors. LMAO I cant see it holding up well or lasting long from the shock and abuse the tractor will give.

Durangogeek

Equipment
Mar 16, 2010
Durango, CO
Maybe I'll just have to set the wife on the hood in short shorts and a halter top to hold the thing... and a beer (sorry, no Bud or Miller Lite, a nice, dark microbrew). And an umbrella for the sun. And point a WiFi antenna back at the house for better download speeds.

If I actually propose this to her, I'm going to need one of you to put me up in the spare room for a while.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I couldn't imagine spilling my beer on a thousand dollar electro thingy :eek:

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
OK enough of me clownin around. I dont think it would be a wise idea to put a high dollar piece of eletronic on a tractor. The dirt, dust, grit and grime will trash and destory the Ipad. I didnt think dirt and debris could get into my cell phone until I took it appart for something and I was shocked how much trash I had inside my phone. If you had a cab on the tractor it might me a different story, but even then a tractor's cab still isnt 100% dirt and dust proof.

Durangogeek

Equipment
Mar 16, 2010
Durango, CO
You're proly right, Eric, but I've got this dream of all my passions coming together at one point of convergence. My wife sitting on the hood of the 2800 holding the iPad while we watch James Bond and grade a runway across our place. It's going to be a VERY short runway. Oh well.

Blkvoodoo

Equipment
B2400, LA352, RC60, Cammond Box Blade
Mar 27, 2010
Zebulon NC
You're proly right, Eric, but I've got this dream of all my passions coming together at one point of convergence. My wife sitting on the hood of the 2800 holding the iPad while we watch James Bond and grade a runway across our place. It's going to be a VERY short runway. Oh well.
iPOD and Airport/TimeCapsule w/80211 b/g/n WIFI 250ft+ line of site signal, perfect for streaming PANDORA while grading the drive this last weekend. I can carry the signal to the backyard, but it degrades due to chain link and the house walls after about 100ft, it will buffer for a short time, but then you have to re-aquire the Wifi signal.

I'll add a signal booster or repeater at some point, when I determine where the garage will be.....

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
AW HELL! what has this world come to when men cant operate a damn tractor with out all these high tech devices? I must be the only one who leaves his cell phone in the truck while tractorin. Wont do me any good to have it on me while Im tractorin, cant hear it, dont have time to stop and full with it because Im to busy making money!

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
AW HELL! what has this world come to when men cant operate a damn tractor with out all these high tech devices? I must be the only one who leaves his cell phone in the truck while tractorin. Wont do me any good to have it on me while Im tractorin, cant hear it, dont have time to stop and full with it because Im to busy making money!

Bro, lets help him out. I looked at this post again and we might get some good pictures :D

Maybe I'll just have to set the wife on the hood in short shorts and a halter top to hold the thing... and a beer (sorry, no Bud or Miller Lite, a nice, dark microbrew). And an umbrella for the sun. And point a WiFi antenna back at the house for better download speeds.

If I actually propose this to her, I'm going to need one of you to put me up in the spare room for a while.

Scott

Durangogeek

Equipment
Mar 16, 2010
Durango, CO
Kevin--

In reality, I have a blackberry (no ATT service here in Durango... yet) and get pandora off cellular instead of WiFi. It works pretty well. Some noise blacking headphone can make it a little more pleasant.