Mounting an L4540 Backhoe Attachment

Tractorfun

Equipment
Kubota L4150
Jan 21, 2023
Ashfield, Ma
Well, I got lucky and found an L4540 backhoe attachment, but it is missing the heavy duty rear attachment brackets. I have the shop manual and i'm pretty good at enlarging the perspective drawing to get a sense of the size but, I was wondering if anybody has one of these hoes mounted and if there is any way i could get a picture of what the brackets look like? I would even drive pretty far to measure the brackets. I know i'm asking a lot but not sure what else to do to accurately fabricate these brackets. Super rugged backhoe.

Tractorfun

Equipment
Kubota L4150
Jan 21, 2023
Ashfield, Ma
Yes. The larger brackets for the rear of the tractor. I have the fronts. I might be able to scale the drawing from the 5/8" bolt holes but im sure they won't be very accurate. Fortunately I have the wedge bolts. The rear ones are huge, like 3/4" bolts.

trenn

Equipment
L3750, BF900, L4540
Oct 25, 2022
Valatie,NY
Well, I got lucky and found an L4540 backhoe attachment, but it is missing the heavy duty rear attachment brackets. I have the shop manual and i'm pretty good at enlarging the perspective drawing to get a sense of the size but, I was wondering if anybody has one of these hoes mounted and if there is any way i could get a picture of what the brackets look like? I would even drive pretty far to measure the brackets. I know i'm asking a lot but not sure what else to do to accurately fabricate these brackets. Super rugged backhoe.
What tractor are you mounting it on ?

Tractorfun

Equipment
Kubota L4150
Jan 21, 2023
Ashfield, Ma
What tractor are you mounting it on ?
I'm mounting it on one of the 3 different models that this is designed for. Mine is an L4150. I have the front mounting brackets but the former owner of the backhoe let the rear brackets go with the tractor that it was on.

trenn

Equipment
L3750, BF900, L4540
Oct 25, 2022
Valatie,NY
I'm mounting it on one of the 3 different models that this is designed for. Mine is an L4150. I have the front mounting brackets but the former owner of the backhoe let the rear brackets go with the tractor that it was on.
I have the mounts you need. I put that hoe on a L3750, the hoe came off a l4150. The rear brackets I needed were on the L3750 when I got it, was lucky.

Reactions: 1 users

Tractorfun

Equipment
Kubota L4150
Jan 21, 2023
Ashfield, Ma
I have the mounts you need. I put that hoe on a L3750, the hoe came off a l4150. The rear brackets I needed were on the L3750 when I got it, was lucky.
Holy smokes! That's amazing. So you would be willing to sell Them, i imagine. Not sure how to proceed.

Reactions: 1 user

Tractorfun

Equipment
Kubota L4150
Jan 21, 2023
Ashfield, Ma
I forgot to mention that I did get the big wedge bolts, but that's it. Do we create a private chat? I'm pretty new to forums.