Most terrifying moment on a tractor in years

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
Bought regular gasoline for $3.75 today locally. Still too much, but a big reduction from last month.
I wish! Here's the latest data for Reno, Nevada. Don't understand why there is such a difference between states!
Reno gas price 7-20-22.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Did the summer restock this weekend. 25 gal of diesel @4.74 and 10 gal of gas @3.74. My only consolation is using our Sams card that gets us 15% back on all fuel purchases. I’m sure they will change that once they find out how much it is costing them. I pay it off monthly so no obscene interest payments. You have to use that 15% for store purchase but this year I didn’t cut them a check for almost 5 months. Will definitely be buying Rotella from Sams this spring

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
///

While we are talking about reasonable, are the profits the States and Federal government make reasonable?

///.
Exactly WHAT “Profits” do the States and Federal govt make…??? They are both DEFICIT SPENDERS!

The last time the Fed. Gov’t had reduced the National Debt was during CLINTONs Administration! Yep. Surprise, Surprise, Surprise.

^^^^^
Yes, a big part of the equation.

My State (Texas) is also a producer....so traditionally prices are lower.
Flint,…you keep coming up with the goofiest comments! Have you looked at what the price of natural gas per thousand-cubic feet is in Texas…versus New Jersey…??

Texas pumps the Nat’l Gas from Texas, where it is produced…..to the New Jersey for their uses…. and therefore according to you, TRANSPORTATION should INCREASE the price…. Right?

NJ- $11.44
TX- $13.06

Where do you get your opinions from? Your employer?

Last edited:

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Exactly WHAT “Profits” do the States and Federal govt make…??? They are both DEFICIT SPENDERS!

The last time the Fed. Gov’t had reduced the National Debt was during CLINTONs Administration! Yep. Surprise, Surprise, Surprise.

Flint,…you keep coming up with the goofiest comments! Have you looked at what the price of natural gas per thousand-cubic feet is in Texas…versus New Jersey…??

Texas pumps the Nat’l Gas from Texas, where it is produced…..to the New Jersey for their uses…. and therefore according to you, TRANSPORTATION should INCREASE the price…. Right?

NJ- $11.44
TX- $13.06

The Government 'profits' would also be known as taxes.
Profit= a financial gain.
Just because the government is unable to figure out how to handle their gain, that can be a HUGE thread all of its own.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
The Government 'profits' would also be known as taxes.
Profit= a financial gain.
Just because the government is unable to figure out how to handle their gain, that can be a HUGE thread all of its own.
No…that would be known as INCOME. Profit is the DIFFERENCE between Income and Expenses.

”The difference between Liberals and Conservatives is, They will Both spend ALL the money in the Treasury….. but the “Conservatives” will feel bad about it.” —- - Winston Churchill as quoted by John Sharp.

The true difference is what they spend it ON.
Conservatives will spend it on contracts with big corporations who make political donations.
Liberals will spend it on social programs/public works and Citizens benefits.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas

My reply was with respect to Crude Oil produced fuels (gas and diesel) NOT N/G see post #103. Put that Bong away and read carefully. ;)

Typically where there are refineries close to the production....transportation costs are lower and fuel prices in those areas tend to be less. How is that Goofy?

I get no opinions from my 'employer'. I am a retired engineer.

Family (on my side) has been involved in the petroleum business for about 75 years.

My own property has 5 N/G wells and one Super Well on it. So yes, I have an interest in keeping up with current trends.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
My reply was with respect to Crude Oil produced fuels (gas and diesel) NOT N/G see post #103. Put that Bong away and read carefully. ;)

….
🤣