Modifying an equipment trailer for the M6060.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
So here's the issue. I like the spacing of the rear wheels on the M6060 at the widest setting which results in a track width of 86". My equipment trailer has 82" between the fenders, 100-1/2" outside to outside on the fenders, and 86" rail to rail, so I need to fabricate something to allow me to drive over the fenders. Has anyone done anything similar? I have a bunch of H-beams that I could use but I'm wondering if it's going to be a challenge backing onto and over the fenders.

I really don't want to buy another trailer if I can help it and I need to transport the M to a friend's property this fall, so any great ideas? Ideally whatever I do would be "easily" removable or at least not prevent the MX from fitting between the fenders.

One idea would be to cut a fender shaped profile out of some suitably sized lumber with the profile of the wood being proud of the fender by some amount. I would like to provide support to as much of the rear tires as possible. I guess I could make something similar out of H-beam and 1/2" plate but it would be heavy.

View attachment 86114

Rent a trailer to move it.