Model number help

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Morning all!,
I could use a little help. This is my first adventure with the "orange," I've always been a "red" guy. I bought a well used 4X4 tractor from a small used tractor dealer as a B7100. Promptly the clutch decided to leave. after being parked for about 6 weeks I took it to the nearest kubota dealer. after a day they called and informed me that they thought I had a "grey market" tractor, no big deal in my eyes, just fix it, right? their reasoning was it didn't look just quite like a 7100. a check of the numbers they tell me its a b7001.

Now, my question(s) is: 1) where are the numbers on the frame? 2) didn't some early US 7100 models begin with 7001? 3) why did they seem so surprised when 7100 parts match as an interchange? 4) could they be wrong about it? everything else, like PTO rotation and so on they were wrong about.

So... could some one help me find numbers, determine correct model and year of manufacture? it a great little tractor the new clutch and PPlate really brought the "beast" out of the old girl! I just want to be ready if something else happens.

thanks for reading the long post, tim

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
I have a B7100 the number for model set on the seat look at left footrest beside interlocking padel you touch with your left heel to interlock both wheels . If you look there on side of trans. you should see the number. Hope I made myself understandable. This is where mine is located yours may also be there. Good luck

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
perfectly clear! I'll look next to the diff lock in tomorrows daylight.

thx, tim

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
Some general notes about the B7001 and B7100, as I learned them.

Both use the D750 engine, so no problem with parts there.

They do not necessarily use the same transmission.

The B7001 ships with a rototiller, lift arms but no top or bottom links for the 3-point. Pics in my gallery for that. I have an aftermarket loader.

I got a lot of misinformation and doubt about the rotation issue. So I just tested it. It seems the B6000 series only had the ccw rotation.

Kubota dealers in the US seem reluctant to deal with grey market units, those up here seem to have no issues - they just want to sell parts and have happy customers - then maybe you will buy a bigger unit from them.

There is a thread in 'service' about replacing the clutch.

Engine info is on a plate by the shifter.
100_7775.jpg

Unit info in stamped on the left side, forward of the seat.

100_7795.jpg