MMM usage

joe9374

Equipment
b2601
Dec 17, 2016
ohio
Considering an RCK60 30b for my B2601. Who has been using one for the past couple of years. Is it a total pain taking it on and off? Quality of cut? is the transport clearance about 7 inches? OK to use as a step up? Does it bother you when your using the tractor for dirt working and other tasks while it's attached? That's it for now.. first post. Joe

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have one on mine and I dont have problem 1 with it. The cut is fine for my stuff and I cut anything thats inthe way from wild roses to small branches it grind things up OK. Just remember keep your blades sharp the sharper the blade the finer the cut. I do about a 2 acer field with it as well as around the house, no worries! As far as working with the FEL, I think it give you a couple hundred more pounds to keep you up right, the drive over is nice I guess but still a PIA for a fat crippled old man at least you dont have to lug and tug it from under the tractor. But you still have to aline the PTO shaft and line the pins up ,but over all its better than before.
And yes you can stand on it to get up and down. Even do that on the BX. Just remember the deck hangs, the wheels are to keep you from scalping the ground, they are not meant to take the weight of the deck. If you do run the wheels down to take the weight of the deck the centers wear out very fast and you will be buying new wheels. I couldnt explain to me wife the it hangs she had to have it on the ground, hence I knw about buying replacement wheels

joe9374

Equipment
b2601
Dec 17, 2016
ohio
I have one on mine and I dont have problem 1 with it. The cut is fine for my stuff and I cut anything thats inthe way from wild roses to small branches it grind things up OK. Just remember keep your blades sharp the sharper the blade the finer the cut. I do about a 2 acer field with it as well as around the house, no worries! As far as working with the FEL, I think it give you a couple hundred more pounds to keep you up right, the drive over is nice I guess but still a PIA for a fat crippled old man at least you dont have to lug and tug it from under the tractor. But you still have to aline the PTO shaft and line the pins up ,but over all its better than before.
And yes you can stand on it to get up and down. Even do that on the BX. Just remember the deck hangs, the wheels are to keep you from scalping the ground, they are not meant to take the weight of the deck. If you do run the wheels down to take the weight of the deck the centers wear out very fast and you will be buying new wheels. I couldnt explain to me wife the it hangs she had to have it on the ground, hence I knw about buying replacement wheels
really appreciate the input. God bless

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
I have a BX2380 with a MMM. I bought the drive over deck because I wanted to take it off and put it on when needed. I find it to be a real pain to take off and put on. I have a smooth garage floor so it just slides around.

I have a lot of woods in the area I am working right now, and the MMM is in the way. I have not taken it off because it is a pain to do. I have learned to watch the deck and the front and the back etc while working. If I was a little deeper in the woods I would take it off.

Just moving dirt and stuff in the open it is not in the way at all.

The MMM cuts great, and I have never had an issue with it.

Reactions: 1 user

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I have the older version, the B2620 with the 60 mm mower deck. Been mowing the 2 acre lawn around my house since 2013 and have yet to fix or replace anything on it. Still has original blades and belt also.
Just grease after every couple uses.

Love the drive over feature. Hardest part about hookup is reaching under to click the PTO shaft on. Everything else is very easy.

Has lots of clearance in raised position, though I have not measured it exactly. I have box bladed and done loader work with it on in the locked up position and it hasn't hindered me.

As far as cut quality, I have had people comment how nice it cuts the lawn.

I think you will be happy, unless you have any kind of health problem that prevents you from kneeling down and bending over to get the PTO shaft on.

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
I mow about 5 acres a week with one, instead of a 0 turn due to some hilly and rough terrain areas. It works well but I’m not a big fan of suspended decks. On smooth ground, it’s as good as any mower though. I did have to reattach one of the front guide wheel mounts due to it broke off. kind of a common problem with these if used on rough ground.
It’s easy on/off and I stand on mine to fill the tank no problem. I don’t leave mine on during any other work, and I can’t imagine doing anything useful with it on outside of just towing a yard trailer or something. I can have it on or off in about three minutes.
it’s easy to work on, I just wedge the back rollers, take out the gearbox vent and plug it, and flip it up and rest it against the brush guard to clean it out, and Sharpen and reposition the blades. I have about 400 hours on it and no problems other than the broken wheel mount.

WhitleyStu

Premium Member

Equipment
B2601 LA435 FEL 60" MMM 60" Snow Blower FSP500 Spreader 5' Grahl Roller 40 spray
Sep 10, 2020
Indiana
I only put the MMM on our 2601 when time to mow the 3.5 acre yard. Takes about 2-3 minutes to hang the deck on the tractor. I just turn the front scalp wheels 90° and the deck rolls out or back under easily. The cut is great, better than the ZT BossXL CountryClipper we had.
I hate having the MMM on when not mowing. Whether I am using the FEL, 3 point hitch mounted fertilizer spreader, 40 gallon sprayer or roller I always remove the MMM. I bought a Deck Dolly to keep the MMM out of the way when not in use.

Reactions: 1 users