Messick's Telescopic Stabilizer Kit - BX Series

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
note: I don't believe this posting violates the terms of service, which I actually read before posting. If you disagree, let me know politely

Messick's sells a set of telescoping stabilizers for the BX tractors. It looks like they've been selling them for a little more than a year.

I'm just getting ready to purchase my first 3pt hitch implement, so I ordered the Kubota 3PT Hitch Kit, and then someone on the forum told me about the telescopic stabilizers at Messick's for $190. I ordered a set for myself over the weekend and was so happy about it. It's been interesting watching the in-stock quantity go from about 34 on saturday to 25 today.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
If I didn't have a quick hitch I would have purchased a set.. so much simpler than what comes on them.

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
note: I don't believe this posting violates the terms of service, which I actually read before posting. If you disagree, let me know politely

Messick's sells a set of telescoping stabilizers for the BX tractors. It looks like they've been selling them for a little more than a year.

I'm just getting ready to purchase my first 3pt hitch implement, so I ordered the Kubota 3PT Hitch Kit, and then someone on the forum told me about the telescopic stabilizers at Messick's for $190. I ordered a set for myself over the weekend and was so happy about it. It's been interesting watching the in-stock quantity go from about 34 on saturday to 25 today.
I love those on my MX.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I love those on my MX.
Good to hear! I started doubting myself earlier today when @OrangeKrush mentioned quick attach, but then I realized that the telescopic stabilizers solves the real hassle part for me. I don't mind getting out of the tractor ... I just don't want to deal with turn-buckles.

Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Good call upgrading from chains. I wasn’t aware they existed until I saw them on my L. Much quicker and easier to deal with than chains.

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Good to hear! I started doubting myself earlier today when @OrangeKrush mentioned quick attach, but then I realized that the telescopic stabilizers solves the real hassle part for me. I don't mind getting out of the tractor ... I just don't want to deal with turn-buckles.
My MX also has telescoping lift arms that are really nice for implement attachment.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Telescopic stabilizers and quick-hitch are not mutually incompatible. Every so often you may run into an attachment that is not QH compatible, and the telescopic stabilizers sure are nice then!

I have one attachment (backhoe) that I have to remove the QH for. I have my stabilizers marked in 2 places -- one for the BH and one for the QH. Drop the one, pull the pins, move the stabilizer to the appropriate mark, reinsert the pins and go grab the other.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Telescopic stabilizers and quick-hitch are not mutually incompatible. Every so often you may run into an attachment that is not QH compatible, and the telescopic stabilizers sure are nice then!

I have one attachment (backhoe) that I have to remove the QH for. I have my stabilizers marked in 2 places -- one for the BH and one for the QH. Drop the one, pull the pins, move the stabilizer to the appropriate mark, reinsert the pins and go grab the other.
That too! In fact, I was watching a video last night on another topic (rear remotes) , but I noticed that he had a QH and the telescoping stabilizers. I was silently pleased.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Good call upgrading from chains. I wasn’t aware they existed until I saw them on my L. Much quicker and easier to deal with than chains.
I'm not actually sure what chains you're referring to. The telescoping stabilizers on the BX replace the long turnbuckles. I'm new to 3PT hitches, so I'm not familiar with the variants.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I think he's referring to the turnbuckle style. Many have a few chain links on either end of the turnbuckle itself. They are known as "check chains" because they check (limit) swaying of the 3ph.

Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I'm not actually sure what chains you're referring to. The telescoping stabilizers on the BX replace the long turnbuckles. I'm new to 3PT hitches, so I'm not familiar with the variants.
AC0FC163-8032-4E5D-A86D-2555304B87B1.jpeg

More accurately turnbuckle style stabilizers.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA

What is their warranty on them?
A seller on Ebay is selling identical sets; must be the person manufacturing them for Messicks. They have a 30 day warranty. I'm curious if Messicks offers a warranty.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Sorry ejb, didn't mean to confuse... just wanted to let you know they were a good choice. If these would have come on our tractors I probably would not have a Quick Hitch.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
A seller on Ebay is selling identical sets; must be the person manufacturing them for Messicks. They have a 30 day warranty. I'm curious if Messicks offers a warranty.
I was about to reply that Hodge offers a 1 year warranty on his for a similar purchase price, then I noticed who asked the question... :ROFLMAO:

So instead, I'll just say that Hodge's version predates Messick's and are very good quality. A quick search of this forum will reveal many happy customers, myself included.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Messicks' web site doesn't say anything about warranty.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I was about to reply that Hodge offers a 1 year warranty on his for a similar purchase price, then I noticed who asked the question... :ROFLMAO:

So instead, I'll just say that Hodge's version predates Messick's and are very good quality. A quick search of this forum will reveal many happy customers, myself included.
That's funny. I looked into Hodge's version, but I didn't see a price and I assumed there was a backlog, so as soon as I found there was something in-stock, I just placed the order.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
That's funny. I looked into Hodge's version, but I didn't see a price and I assumed there was a backlog, so as soon as I found there was something in-stock, I just placed the order.
Pics when you receive them and installed please..?

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Pics when you receive them and installed please..?
Absolutely! They are supposed to arrive next monday. 3pt hitch kit supposed to come tomorrow. Not sure when I'll get up to where the tractor is to install ... and I have to learn how to take the backhoe off :oops: