Massey 1617 tedder

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Anybody have any knowledge or input about a 1617 tedder? My current 752 JD broke and I found this massey tedder. It needs new teeth and a couple arms but I've never even seen one before and know nothing about them. I don't want to waste time or money if these are junk to begin with. Thanks.

Treckerzeug

Equipment
Carraro tgf 7800 taijfun 4,5 t winch, trailer with crane, double bl saw
Apr 17, 2015
Bavaria South Germany
Hello Bulldogg,

You might find some info here, although they mention only 1610 and 1617 models:
http://www.rudolphbrosinc.com/ProductGuides/MF1600TeddersProductGuide.pdf

From 2016 onwards mf is selling fella hay machines unde the mf brand and colours, yours is older i guess?

It ll be difficult to find out who made your machine, are you close to it?
Sometimes the manufacturers plate has hidden indications as e.g. On same tractors made in india only a C/O Pune indicates where it comes from

Even the main manufacturers, as deutz-fahr, pottinger and kuhn had some machines made from one manufacturer for the other company, E.g. One made drum mowrs, one disc mowers and the other rotary rakes ...

Good luck

Rgds

Robert

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Thanks for that. I've searched the web and found lots of pictures but not much on the forums and such. Don't know if that's good or bad.

The owner said it's the same as a New Idea but don't know who makes them either. I never had a interest in Massey equipment but it looks clean. Like any used implement it needs some work but I'm skeptical about buying things I know nothing about.

It's close compared to some others I've found but that said it's almost a hr away from me. I was trying to find anything at all about them before going back. Thanks for the input.