Marketing a used MX5400

Borane4

Equipment
M4-071
Dec 16, 2020
Texas
I have an MX5400HST ROPS (2020, 80hrs) and need to get a cab tractor. TX heat and allergies are beyond my patience level so I'm selling the open station, and will level up to an M4 (probably). I expect that the used market is pretty hot right now, but does anyone have any actual recent experience either buying or selling a used tractor? There are very few listed on craigslist, or tractor house etc. It's just hard to know if the market is actually hot, or just rumored to be hot. Dealer trade-in is not attractive.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Start with what you paid for it, can always come down. You have the machine in stock, dealers may or may not, if someone wants/needs it right away they will pay

Reactions: 1 user

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
Start with what you paid for it, can always come down. You have the machine in stock, dealers may or may not, if someone wants/needs it right away they will pay
I agreed with this statement. I bought a new MX-6000HST ROPS FEL back in June. I looked in the used market for a low hour tractor and FEL and the prices were pretty high I felt and the tractors were moving. The Agco the MX replaced sold without me even listing it. A friend was out and saw the new Kubota and said what are you going to do with your Agco and I said I am probably going to sell it when spraying season is over. The next day at his work he was telling some co workers at lunch I got a new tractor. One of them called me that afternoon and bought the tractor and some implements for it over the phone at what I felt was a list price. The guy called me last weekend to tell me he loves the tractor.

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
I sold a mx5100 4x4 with 815 hours that was snapped in half between the engine and transmition a few months ago. Got $9000 for it. It was a 2014 with no smog.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Go to the build a tractor website https://apps.kubotausa.com/configurator/productselector.aspx and build your tractor. Take that price and and a couple thousand to the new price and see if it sells. There are few tractors to be had, so you are going to get inquires from people who need one now. You can always drop the price if there are no takers.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I might be in the same boat shortly when the MX6000 with cab shows up. I'll list my current MX on Craigslist and see what happens. The local dealer is getting a few calls every day asking about MX tractors and with the low hours and every option it might be attractive to someone since my cabbed model is the only one they're assigned for the rest of the year.

I bought a snow blower yesterday through Craigslist. The seller recently sold a 2017 L6060 and trailer for about what he paid in 2017 so some markets are definitely hot right now. Time will tell, and good luck with selling yours.

Last edited: