Making a better grill guard.

M7MetalWorks

Equipment
L3560 HST, LA805 loader, FDR1672 finish mower, LP 48" Pallet Forks
May 30, 2020
Graysville, IN
www.youtube.com
I know there are many grill fab videos and picture builds out there but I was never really satisfied with most of what I saw. I do not care for the expanded metal look or the lack of strength that it provides so I went a different route. Check it out if your interested in protecting your grill. This is not a self promotion video as I am certain I'll never be a YouTube star nor do I hope for that kinda thing. My hope is that others will be inspired to do their own but even better! Link below.

Reactions: 5 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I know there are many grill fab videos and picture builds out there but I was never really satisfied with most of what I saw. I do not care for the expanded metal look or the lack of strength that it provides so I went a different route.
I'm kind of in your camp. I can't honestly say that I've seen a grill guard that looks "right". Many look good and are certainly functional but none look like they came from the factory in that they don't match the aesthetics of the tractor. Maybe the many I've seen are as good as it gets but I'm holding out in the hope of inspiration or someone thinking outside of the box.

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Really good work. Agree expanded metal is light duty for my work. The grating is stronger. Surprised how much damage a little stick can make. That bottom hole between grill and guard can have stalky stuff come up when bush hogging.
Everyone doing brush work needs a improved guard.
BA3C6640-C89E-46FB-9E34-9422CEFC31F3.jpeg
EB20D6DE-A2D8-4CD7-9556-4155BCD29946.jpeg