M7960 Hydraulic top link length?

Garrett2006

Oct 21, 2019
North Carolina
What’s the correct or what’s everyone using for a cat 2 hydraulic top length bore size & piston length? I purchased a cat 2 quick hitch and wanting to add a hydraulic top link, but don’t want to get one that’s going to be to short or not extend out far enough. Figured someone has already figured this out on what works best on a M7060. Thanks!

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Match the hydraulic top link to the standard top link that you use now.

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
I have been thinking about getting/building a top link for my 7060......
Retracted about 20” (Ctr to ctr of pins), extended about 29-30”
The end on the tractor is a Cat 1 end, that is slightly narrower than ‘normal’ (i had to grind A cheapo top link a bit to make it fit on the tractor)
A 2 1/2” or 3” cylinder should do, most cheap ones have a 1 1/4” rod. The professional top links have a 1 1/2” rod I believe, so you get what you pay for.
I havea damaged top link rod I was going to cut the ends off and weld on a cylinder.
I also thought about ordering a side link (the left side is cheaper) just to get the ends to make up a side link cylinder too, as when using the rear blade It sure would be nice to tweak the tilt on the fly
One other thing.... I wonder if the top link could be made with a rod that has a threaded end.... so a guy could fine tune the implement link with a couple turns of the ball rather than 8 trips into the cab to adjust the length!!

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
What’s the correct or what’s everyone using for a cat 2 hydraulic top length bore size & piston length? I purchased a cat 2 quick hitch and wanting to add a hydraulic top link, but don’t want to get one that’s going to be to short or not extend out far enough. Figured someone has already figured this out on what works best on a M7060. Thanks!
Cannot help with dimensions but advise that you not go cheap on your hydraulic top link.

Rather, get one with pilot operated check valves to greatly reduce (no, I did not say eliminate) drift under load.

SDT

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
I typically supply a 3" dia cylinder with a 1 1/2" dia rod having a working length of 20 1/4"- 29 1/4" similar to the left unit pictured. This is cat 1-2 unit and is the best overall working length for this model tractor.

You will not find this unit anywhere except from Fit Rite, but you can get something close and with minor modifications at the tractor end you should be good to go.
Look for something close to that and you should be fine.

Attachments