M7060HD12 stuck in park

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
Theres not many complaints on the internet about them it seems. But it doesnt take much adjustment to make it work, or work horrible. I had a issue but it was from some wear/seized bearing (a very small one on one of those moving parts) Then i had a stick flip up and bend some stuff. Once adjusted it it was fine. It took me many small adjustments to get it right.
If you look/watch the movement youll see how it all works. I bet you can get the parking brake off with a few pry bars and being careful.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
in post #13, it looks/sounds like IF the return spring #8 goes MIA, the parking brake can latch on.....
have no idea what's in between the 'knob' and the 'pawl' but anything (like chunks of mud or ice ) might force it into park ?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I checked that boot, no tears or holes, and I don’t see any bending. I’m thinking the linkage just needs some adjustment. The shifter has always been a pain in the butt.
So it looks like you're on the right track then. No doubt the dealer will address the problem shortly and your M will be up and running in no time.

I'd completely forgotten about the parking brake being up with the gear shift on the M7060 until I looked at the WSM and the 7060/6060 brochure. It must be a nice feature I'm sure when it works properly. I've said this a number of times but had I ordered an M it would have been the 7060, but the 6060 was on the lot and available at a great price so that's the path I chose.

Please keep us posted on the resolution of this issue.

ego260

Equipment
RTV
Feb 4, 2020
Augusta, Wisconsin, USA
In the Oper Man, I see the 12F/12R shifter has a Park position that the 8F/8R doesn't. What does this do?
So it looks like you're on the right track then. No doubt the dealer will address the problem shortly and your M will be up and running in no time.

I'd completely forgotten about the parking brake being up with the gear shift on the M7060 until I looked at the WSM and the 7060/6060 brochure. It must be a nice feature I'm sure when it works properly. I've said this a number of times but had I ordered an M it would have been the 7060, but the 6060 was on the lot and available at a great price so that's the path I chose.

Please keep us posted on the resolution of this issue.
We also have an 8560 with the feature, but that adjustment seems to be loose. They tractor will literally rock back and forth in park. I hoped up in a M5-111 yesterday, seems they’ve gone away from this system and added a different parking brake

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
We also have an 8560 with the feature, but that adjustment seems to be loose. They tractor will literally rock back and forth in park. I hoped up in a M5-111 yesterday, seems they’ve gone away from this system and added a different parking brake
The M6060 has a simple foot brake lock like the MX. Not an elegant solution but it works. I admit that I use the brake lock on both tractors as little as possible.

ego260

Equipment
RTV
Feb 4, 2020
Augusta, Wisconsin, USA
The M6060 has a simple foot brake lock like the MX. Not an elegant solution but it works. I admit that I use the brake lock on both tractors as little as possible.
That’s smart, I always use it, and I think I’m gonna stop and start relying on dropping the FEL and implement when I’m on flat ground.
Also, as an update a service tech came out today and got it going while I was on a plane flying down to Louisiana. The linkage adjustments got way out of whack, they’re adjusted now and everything is working good according to the tech and my grandpa who checked it out.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That’s smart, I always use it, and I think I’m gonna stop and start relying on dropping the FEL and implement when I’m on flat ground.
Also, as an update a service tech came out today and got it going while I was on a plane flying down to Louisiana. The linkage adjustments got way out of whack, they’re adjusted now and everything is working good according to the tech and my grandpa who checked it out.
That's good to hear! A simple fix and hopefully your gear shift lever moves better than it ever has. (y)