M7060

Tuckerdog

Equipment
M7060HD12 & BX2200
Nov 27, 2022
Eastern NC
M7060 showing codes 1 & 2 . Accelerator return spring was broken and has been replaced . How do I reset or clear the codes . Tractor will not run over idle with codes flashing .

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Think on this a minute.

The ECU only knows voltage, frequency, and ground-nothing else.

The ECU is reporting that there is a trouble with the throttle sensor. It's not seeing the voltage frequency or ground that it is expecting, thus telling you via the panel that there is trouble.

that leaves you with this. You have a sensor trouble a ground trouble or wiring trouble. Possibly ECU trouble although not likely. The question is, why'd the spring break? Was there anything that could have gotten jammed into the pedal or lever, which may have forced the pedal/lever too far in one direction? If so, sensor damage would be likely-that or wirings.

Reactions: 3 users

Tuckerdog

Equipment
M7060HD12 & BX2200
Nov 27, 2022
Eastern NC
Think on this a minute.

The ECU only knows voltage, frequency, and ground-nothing else.

The ECU is reporting that there is a trouble with the throttle sensor. It's not seeing the voltage frequency or ground that it is expecting, thus telling you via the panel that there is trouble.

that leaves you with this. You have a sensor trouble a ground trouble or wiring trouble. Possibly ECU trouble although not likely. The question is, why'd the spring break? Was there anything that could have gotten jammed into the pedal or lever, which may have forced the pedal/lever too far in one direction? If so, sensor damage would be likely-that or wirings.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
and on that note of disconnecting batteries, those of you who own or service the DEF-equipped tractors, if you for some reason disconnect the battery immediately after runnign the engine, it will cut the power to the def pump. The Def pump is electric. Normally the def pump will pump def through the lines and throuth the injector to cool it after the engine is shut off, for up to 10 minutes. if you cut the juice for whatever reason and the injector can't cool off, injector damage can (and does) occur.

Similarly on common rail non-def engines. The lift pump keeps running a little while after shutting the engine off. This pumps cooled diesel through the injectors, fuel rail, etc to cool them. Cut the electricity off, you cut the coolant off. I can't say if that will damage injectors and such, but I assume that Kubota (and Bosch) designed the systems so that fuel is circulated after shut down for a good reason.

Reactions: 2 users

Tuckerdog

Equipment
M7060HD12 & BX2200
Nov 27, 2022
Eastern NC
M7060 showing codes 1 & 2 . Accelerator return spring was broken and has been replaced . How do I reset or clear the codes . Tractor will not run over idle with codes flashing .

I found the problem on the new to me M7060 . The hand throttle was not in the correct linkage location and would not allow the rheostat that controls the electronic throttle to return to the proper location in addition to the (very small) return spring being rusted and broken . When repaired the codes automatically reset and the tractor operated perfectly ! Thanks to everyone for your help with this problem !!!

Reactions: 1 user