M7040 radio issues

Ruskyhog

Jan 2, 2018
Wills Point, Texas
I recently purchased a M7040 and the radio doesn’t work. I have read online numerous different forums and posts about buying the adapter and seen dozens of wiring diagrams. I pulled checked the fuse behind the radio and the one in the fuse box under the steering wheel because the radio won’t even turn on as if it’s not getting power. I noticed that the wires behind the radio are spliced and the current radio is a sony xplode. I used a circuit testing light and there is power to one of the slots on the connector. So I’m assuming it’s getting power to the unit. Any help is greatly appreciated, all the wiring diagrams I’ve come across don’t match what I see on the tractor side of the splices.

Thanks in advance for all the help
Josh

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
99% of "car" type radios need 2 power feeds, one keeps the memory up and all the channels stored, the other to power it on via IGN or ACC switch, generally the red and yellow wires going to the radio. Send Dave_eng a private message, he'll help you with some tractor wiring diagrams I expect, or have a search online, they may be there.
Edit: Seen this?
http://www.kubota.cz/data/soubor/WSM_M6040_7040 EN.pdf
It should have diagrams in it I expect.

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I recently purchased a M7040 and the radio doesn’t work. I have read online numerous different forums and posts about buying the adapter and seen dozens of wiring diagrams. I pulled checked the fuse behind the radio and the one in the fuse box under the steering wheel because the radio won’t even turn on as if it’s not getting power. I noticed that the wires behind the radio are spliced and the current radio is a sony xplode. I used a circuit testing light and there is power to one of the slots on the connector. So I’m assuming it’s getting power to the unit. Any help is greatly appreciated, all the wiring diagrams I’ve come across don’t match what I see on the tractor side of the splices.

Josh
Radio Wiring for 7040 cab

Attachments

100 td

Equipment
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Page 457 of the pdf, if your dome light fuse is blown your radio won't work I expect. You radio could be U/S as well!
EDIT: Thanks eserv for plucking that out! Hopefully the rest will serve him well at some point.

Last edited:

100 td

Equipment
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
So you'll need permanent power on the R/B Red with black stripe and switched power when ACC/IGN is switched ON on the L/Y Blue with yellow stripe

100 td

Equipment
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
If that diagram doesn't gel, try page 445 of the PDF, power on Green, and switched power on Blue/white.

Ruskyhog

Jan 2, 2018
Wills Point, Texas
Page 457 of the pdf, if your dome light fuse is blown your radio won't work I expect. You radio could be U/S as well!
EDIT: Thanks eserv for plucking that out! Hopefully the rest will serve him well at some point.
I will look at the dome light fuse because it doesn’t work either. I haven’t pulled the cover off yet because I thought it was just a burned out light bulb. Thanks for all the help I’m going to print all that off for future reference.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I recently purchased a M7040 and the radio doesn***8217;t work. I have read online numerous different forums and posts about buying the adapter and seen dozens of wiring diagrams. I pulled checked the fuse behind the radio and the one in the fuse box under the steering wheel because the radio won***8217;t even turn on as if it***8217;s not getting power. I noticed that the wires behind the radio are spliced and the current radio is a sony xplode. I used a circuit testing light and there is power to one of the slots on the connector. So I***8217;m assuming it***8217;s getting power to the unit. Any help is greatly appreciated, all the wiring diagrams I***8217;ve come across don***8217;t match what I see on the tractor side of the splices.

Josh

Josh

Its been a few years since I installed a Sony radio in my M7040.

I cut the Kubota connector in the cab roof off and then wired the sony harness to the Kubota wiring.

This photo is the way I wired it.

As others have said, the radio needs two power supplies and my marked up wiring shows this.

Everything you need should be present on the original Kubota plug. Don't go running other wires.

More thoughts.

I think the Bat + as shown in my marked up plug photo, is tied into the dome light circuit as others have suggested as it is hot all the time before the key is touched.

Dave

Last edited: