M62 Loader/Bucket Dropping When Tractor Shut off...

Putneymountain

Equipment
Kubota M62
Sep 11, 2021
Putney, VT
We’ve got about 100 hours on the M62 and the first little problem has cropped up…

The loader has begun to drop relatively quickly when the tractor is shut off. There is a clicking sound, and the bucket dumps and the loader drops to the ground over about 20 minutes.

For the first 100 hours, the loader and bucket stayed in place for quite a while - hours at least.

Anyone have any thoughts on the cause and a possible solution?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Vermont Hill Farm

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
We’ve got about 100 hours on the M62 and the first little problem has cropped up…

The loader has begun to drop relatively quickly when the tractor is shut off. There is a clicking sound, and the bucket dumps and the loader drops to the ground over about 20 minutes.

For the first 100 hours, the loader and bucket stayed in place for quite a while - hours at least.

Vermont Hill Farm
Bucket dump could be a bad piston seal in the cylinder but not the boom cylinders. Plus a hundred hours is not much time for things to wear out and everything starting to drift doesnt really compute.

My first thought is junk in the system preventing valves from clising/sealing. But while typing that a second thought that perhaps a problem with the control linkage is preventing the spools from fully spring centering. Just guessing but that tractor probably has cable operated valves?? The latter is by far the easier to diagnose and deal with.

Dan

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
I saw a video were the tilt and lift hoses were switched, that will tell if cylinder or valve is the issue if same cylinder drops it is the cylinder, if it moves it may be the controller.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Vermont Hill Farm
I think your M62 is seriously broken! ;)
You should sell it at a major discount.
I am only about 6 hours away!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
#1 You should never leave a loader up in the air!
#2 It's under warranty, call the dealer!
#3 Get the WSM (aka Service manual) and go through the testing and adjustment procedure for the loader control.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca

Vermont Hill Farm
Don't park a tractor with an implement in the air. Use the boom lock if you need to leave the boom up.

Last edited:

Putneymountain

Equipment
Kubota M62
Sep 11, 2021
Putney, VT
Just so everyone knows – we’re not parking the tractor with the loader up.

But we do leave it a few feet of the ground when we shovel material out of the bucket, and having it drop over about 15 minutes is a bit of a problem.

Thanks for the suggestions – it is under warranty – but I wanted your thoughts before calling the dealer.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy

But we do leave it a few feet of the ground when we shovel material out of the bucket, and having it drop over about 15 minutes is a bit of a problem.

Thanks for the suggestions – it is under warranty – but I wanted your thoughts before calling the dealer.
I've wondered about this with my BX 3point.. it drops while running and I have to keep an eye on it when using FEL or forks if there's something attached.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I've wondered about this with my BX 3point.. it drops while running and I have to keep an eye on it when using FEL or forks if there's something attached.
The 3pt. piston ring/seal must be leaking....badly.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

Forget the tractor operating police. Your loader is not working properly and needs to he fixed.

Dan

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
The 3pt. piston ring/seal must be leaking....badly.
It doesn't drop quickly but if I'm running/working FEL I have to keep it in mind that it may have dropped some. I wasn't sure if it was normal for it to bleed off some as the tractor is running or not.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
It doesn't drop quickly but if I'm running/working FEL I have to keep it in mind that it may have dropped some. I wasn't sure if it was normal for it to bleed off some as the tractor is running or not.
If the tractor has position control on the 3pt it should not bleed off while the tractor is running. Position control should actively correct for any cylinder leakage. You might want to make sure the 3pt is in position not draft control mode.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
If the tractor has position control on the 3pt it should not bleed off while the tractor is running. Position control should actively correct for any cylinder leakage. You might want to make sure the 3pt is in position not draft control mode.
Oops- i see thats not part of the original M series post. Not sure if a BX has position control and definitely no draft control.

Dan