M6060 rear hydraulic remote leak

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
I put together a hydraulic top link for my M6060 and it has a leak on one of the female couplers on the tractor. It's not leaking at the connection but rather around the hard black plastic piece near the back of the coupler.

Does anyone have a exploded drawing of the coupler? From what I can see the repair kit consists of the two o rings that can be seen with the cap off the coupler. Considering where mine is leaking I can't see them helping.

I bought this tractor last fall with 225 hours on it and I don't think it's ever had anything hooked to the remotes.

Thanks, Justin

IMG_5456.jpg
IMG_5456.jpg
IMG_5457.jpg

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I put together a hydraulic top link for my M6060 and it has a leak on one of the female couplers on the tractor. It's not leaking at the connection but rather around the hard black plastic piece near the back of the coupler.

Does anyone have a exploded drawing of the coupler? From what I can see the repair kit consists of the two o rings that can be seen with the cap off the coupler. Considering where mine is leaking I can't see them helping.

I bought this tractor last fall with 225 hours on it and I don't think it's ever had anything hooked to the remotes.

Thanks, Justin

View attachment 78333 View attachment 78333 View attachment 78334
I think those are Faster (3CFPV?) push/pull to connect couplers. The black plastic piece is just a hinged dust cover that snaps on to the coupler sleeve. It does nothing but cover the outlet when nothing is plugged in. What sort of male tip do you have on the hoses?

Dan

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan, did you see where the drip is? It's not on the dust cover ring.
No and I still don't see the leak. But re-reading it sounds like the leak is at the base end where they screw into the valve?

Edit: OK - I see it now. Does that leak with nothing connected? WAG - the tip is not sealing in the socket and that is fluid running out around the base if the locking sleeve

I have never had one of those couplers in hand and I am not sure what that plastic ring does or how the locking sleeve works. They are base mounted push/pull couplers so perhaps the plug is not properly seated?

Other than that I am clueless.

Dan

Last edited:

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
It doesn't leak unless the hose is connected, I swapped the hoses and the leak stayed on the same coupling. The hose ends came from my local Kubota dealer, so I'm assuming they are correct. The leak is at the plastic ring, there is no oil anywhere else on the coupler, so it's not running from the connection back to the ring.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
It doesn't leak unless the hose is connected, I swapped the hoses and the leak stayed on the same coupling. The hose ends came from my local Kubota dealer, so I'm assuming they are correct. The leak is at the plastic ring, there is no oil anywhere else on the coupler, so it's not running from the connection back to the ring.
Dealers do make mistakes but since only one leaks probably a safe assumption. I'd bet on a bad seal in the female coupler.

Dan

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
Thanks for the link. I just got off the phone with Messicks technical support and was told that the internal O ring could cause the coupler to leak where mine is. Beyond changing the o ring and backer the coupler is not a serviceable item. Like most things in today's society, use and throw away.

Thanks, Justin

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks for the link. I just got off the phone with Messicks technical support and was told that the internal O ring could cause the coupler to leak where mine is. Beyond changing the o ring and backer the coupler is not a serviceable item. Like most things in today's society, use and throw away.

Thanks, Justin
That matches my guess. I would suggest calling Valpariso to verify availability before placing an order. They have had trouble getting the less common couplers from Faster. The last time I talked to them the metric and BSPP couplers were readily available but the SAE versions were not.

Dan