M6060 HDC fuel tank vent on left side of cab top

Keith Molden

Equipment
M6060
Oct 6, 2018
Pomeroy, Ohio
On my M6060 there are 2 vent lines, one goes to the rear of the cab and is squeezed down a bit. The other is a little larger and the rubber hose is connected to a metal line that runs to the top left of the cab to what appears to be a filter of some sort. The tractor started acting like it had a fuel restriction and I blew that filter out as much as I could getting a lot of dust out of it. It ran good till I was round baling some dry, dusty hay yesterday and it did it again on the way home. Question is, there are 4 what look like knobs on the cover, are they screws and will that cover come off? Thanks, Keith

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Keith
Please explain where the cover with 4 knobs is located on cab? My M7040 cab has a cab air AC/heater intake filter located at LH upper rear outside of cab This cover held by 4 screws can be removed to access exterior filter.

Keith Molden

Equipment
M6060
Oct 6, 2018
Pomeroy, Ohio
After looking at it I removed the screws and it is in fact the A.C. filter. I'm still having a problem with it losing power from time to time. I blew out the vent lines again today so I'll see if it helped any. Thanks Jim for responding

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Follow it from the fuel tank and see where it goes. Some of them went under the floor or cab and up behind the engine along with about 4011 other hoses tubes and lines.

I would be surprised if the separator inlet wasn't plugged though. Pull the hose off of it and see what kinda stuff is in it.

Reactions: 1 user

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Keith
You're welcome. The fuel tank vent hose on my M7040 is located by LH rear cab post. Have you checked for blockage in water separator housing passageways that Lugbolt mentioned? I once owned a M4900 that engine would quit running after a few minutes that had blocked screen in water separator base.