M6060 Buddy Seat

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I would be very careful. The wear and tear on the tractor does not match up with 680 hours. The pictures look like a new tractor.

Look at this one in Georgia and notice the wear on the 3 point hitch. Not wear much on the bucket but the hitch shows that it was used. And it has less hours.

Before I spent that much money I would fly out to inspect it before I paid for it.

BoBo_Wickersham

Sep 3, 2020
Mooresville, NC
I would be very careful. The wear and tear on the tractor does not match up with 680 hours. The pictures look like a new tractor.

Look at this one in Georgia and notice the wear on the 3 point hitch. Not wear much on the bucket but the hitch shows that it was used. And it has less hours.

Before I spent that much money I would fly out to inspect it before I paid for it.
Thank you. Is this one of those "might be a scam" scenarios?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Me, I'm particular and it's a 'Power Shuttle' which means it's a dry clutch. Myself, I only run hydraulic shuttle units. No clutch to wear out and no expensive split in the future.

I always find it interesting that people dent the top of the PTO shield because they drop the top link when they remove an implement, even though there is a built in top link holder available... and the rear wheel weights are aftermarket, not Kubota. Kubota don't offer bolt on weights, only cast centers.

The one on Tractor House is a better buy and even that one is negotiable.

Far as a 'buddy seat' goes, not sure there is enough room in the cab even with the cup holder removed.

BoBo_Wickersham

Sep 3, 2020
Mooresville, NC
Thank yo

Thanks. I am not finding where a buddy seat can be installed and that's a deal breaker for me.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Me, I'm particular and it's a 'Power Shuttle' which means it's a dry clutch. Myself, I only run hydraulic shuttle units. No clutch to wear out and no expensive split in the future.

I always find it interesting that people dent the top of the PTO shield because they drop the top link when they remove an implement, even though there is a built in top link holder available... and the rear wheel weights are aftermarket, not Kubota. Kubota don't offer bolt on weights, only cast centers.

The one on Tractor House is a better buy and even that one is negotiable.

Far as a 'buddy seat' goes, not sure there is enough room in the cab even with the cup holder removed.
Actually, Kubota does offer cast iron rear weights aside from the cast centers.

I have 2 Kubota weights on either side of my M9960 with cast centers and they look to be identical to those on the linked M6060.

SDT

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
Can i add a buddy seat to the tractor if i remove the cup holder?
I'm not sure if you 'can' but i don't think it'd be very comfortable for the operator or passenger. Maybe a small child would fit ok but it would be cramped. My only complaint about my M7060 cab is the lack of storage. hardly room for a lunch box anywhere! However if it were bigger, we'd find something to complain about :)
Flip, as for the PTO shield, i dented mine by lowering an implement.... rear blade perhaps. The top link pushed it in for fun obviously. I never even thought to check.....

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Actually, Kubota does offer cast iron rear weights aside from the cast centers.

I have 2 Kubota weights on either side of my M9960 with cast centers and they look to be identical to those on the linked M6060.

SDT
I was not aware of that. They did not when I bought mine in 2004, only stamped centers and cast centers were offered. In reality, I would have preferred the external weights over the cast centers for a couple reasons.

One the cast centers with the rim and tire on are stupid heavy to deal with, with no liquid fill and two, the cast centers require a special lug nut and extended studs and neither component is cheap plus, you need to be very careful when remounting a wheel so as to take the load off the studs when putting them back in or you can easily cross thread the studs themselves. Guess that is why Kubota has a special install tool just for them. I've borrowed it from my dealer before.

I would imagine however, that the add on weights aren't nearly as heavy as the cast centers are. Don't look to be in the picture.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL