M6040 3 point adjustment

Luckystars

Equipment
M5950 M1840A RTV900 CLUB CAR CARRY ALL 1
Mar 1, 2018
Webster FL USA
I am working on a M6040 hydr 4x4 with cab and loader.
It has a cat 1 disc on it. The 3 pt won't lift it off the ground more than 4" and when you cross a road the front row of discs hit the road hard enough to bend a few.
Can or should the feedback control adjustment be used to raise the lift arms a bit higher?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The lower lift arms have two sets of holes as you will see below. This changes where the lift rod applies its force to the lift arm.

The hole selected can increase the weight lifted or the height lifted.

What hole are you using?

forum M6040 3 pt.jpg

Dave

Luckystars

Equipment
M5950 M1840A RTV900 CLUB CAR CARRY ALL 1
Mar 1, 2018
Webster FL USA
Dave, Thanks for that. I should have mentioned I moved them today from A to B. It did gain me a little. I gained 3" by changing. Not enough to feel good about my brother in law not bending 7 more discs next week.
The disc rides flat at ground level. Lifted the back is up 9" and the front 4".
If the lift cylinders could give 1" more lift it would lift the front row 4-5" more I think. I just don't know if doing so would harm anything else. Assuming it all clearances on the outside.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You can also adjust the lift by how the top link is adjusted. At the front end you may want to put it in the lowest hole and shorten the top link and see what you can gain.

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You can also increase the transport height by dropping the top link to one of the other 2 sets of holes in the draft control bracket (see the picture in post 2). In the picture, the top link is in the uppermost hole. Moving it down will increase the implement lift from the ground as well. However, if you are using the draft control with a ground engaging implement like a moldboard plow, you want the top link in the upper or middle hole as the lower hole makes the draft compensation feature very touchy.

The other issue with using the lower holes is, your top link may not be able to engage the link caddy on the tractor. The lower link ball can be an interference fit between the bracket and the storage caddy, at leas mine is.

if I pull my disc across a road at an angle, I'll set the disc down on the road and pull it across. Always have done that. Don't hurt the pavement and don't impact the disc either. Makes a good bit of noise however.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I am working on a M6040 hydr 4x4 with cab and loader.
It has a cat 1 disc on it. The 3 pt won't lift it off the ground more than 4" and when you cross a road the front row of discs hit the road hard enough to bend a few.
Can or should the feedback control adjustment be used to raise the lift arms a bit higher?
Here are the three-point adjustment instructions. Start at the beginning, do steps in order, do not skip any and you will have your three-point hitch lifting like a new one.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user