M5N-091 VS M5N-111

Wade F

Equipment
Potential Kubota Owner
Jun 24, 2022
Fresno
Hey All,
Getting ready to purchase a narrow series Kubota. Found out the M5N-091 (78 HP) and M5N-111 (105 HP) are essentially the same identical tractor. My understanding is the only difference is that they are tuned differently to achieve more or less HP. Even the M4N-071 is the same tractor/engine minus the alternator however each model goes up roughly $6k-$8k in price. I'm wondering if anyone thinks I might be able to buy the a 071 or 091 and be able to have a shop tune or increase HP close to the 111? I'm guessing not but thought I would ask being that they appear to be the same minus programing.

Any thoughts or direction is much appreciated!!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hey All,
Getting ready to purchase a narrow series Kubota. Found out the M5N-091 (78 HP) and M5N-111 (105 HP) are essentially the same identical tractor. My understanding is the only difference is that they are tuned differently to achieve more or less HP. Even the M4N-071 is the same tractor/engine minus the alternator however each model goes up roughly $6k-$8k in price. I'm wondering if anyone thinks I might be able to buy the a 071 or 091 and be able to have a shop tune or increase HP close to the 111? I'm guessing not but thought I would ask being that they appear to be the same minus programing.

Any thoughts or direction is much appreciated!!
Perhaps, but doing so will void the Kubota warranty.