M5660SUHD Fuel Usage Per Hour

tbeckett

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Monroe Tufline Disc, Woods Bush Hog, 60" Grapple
Jun 3, 2021
Columbus, MS
I have a M5660SUHD and love it! I graduated from a John Deere 4600. The 4600 is approx 43 HP the M5660 is approx 56 HP. The Fuel Tank on the M5660 holds approx 17 Gallons. I could run the John Deere all day plus some on 12 gallons. I know the 5660 is larger and will burn more fuel but just trying to see what is normal. I almost ran out of fuel on the M5660 last night on the back side of the hunting land!

I am also a pilot and I think in GPH to stay alive! lol I cannot find anything on GPH at any power levels.

If I am running at approx 2500 RPM pulling a disc or tiller what should I expect the GPH to be?

Thanks,

Reactions: 1 user

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
Do you have a digital display on your dash? If so there may be a fuel flow screen.
my m7060 shows burning anywhere from 2-12L per hour depending on engine load. RPM is not an indicator of fuel burn, you need a torque gauge too :)

tbeckett

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 3, 2021
Columbus, MS
Do you have a digital display on your dash? If so there may be a fuel flow screen.
my m7060 shows burning anywhere from 2-12L per hour depending on engine load. RPM is not an indicator of fuel burn, you need a torque gauge too :)
The M5660SUHD does not have those features. You can see the icons on the dash bezel, but the sensors and lights are not installed on a lot of things. After I purchased it, I found out that the "SU" means Stripped Unit! lol. But I still love it. I did find out last night that the Fuel Low Light did work, of course I was on the back side of a 1300 acre hunting lease when it came on. lol!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have a M5660SUHD and love it! I graduated from a John Deere 4600. The 4600 is approx 43 HP the M5660 is approx 56 HP. The Fuel Tank on the M5660 holds approx 17 Gallons. I could run the John Deere all day plus some on 12 gallons. I know the 5660 is larger and will burn more fuel but just trying to see what is normal. I almost ran out of fuel on the M5660 last night on the back side of the hunting land!

I am also a pilot and I think in GPH to stay alive! lol I cannot find anything on GPH at any power levels.

If I am running at approx 2500 RPM pulling a disc or tiller what should I expect the GPH to be?

Thanks,
Don't have such information in front of me but do know that my L6060, which I also love, is very thirsty.

The L6060 uses the same engine as the 5660 albeit in a bit higher state of tune, and also uses a HST transmission which is noticably less efficient than is the gear drive transmission in your 5660.

SDT

Last edited:

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
my book learning as a kid was the rule of thumb 0.046 gallons / engine hp / hr for farmers who farmed (worked their equipment)

so working hard 56 hp * 0.046 = 2.6 gal. / hr......

I'm going to guess even with the new emissions we are likely more fuel efficient now than this just like pickups and cars are more fuel efficient versus those of say the 50's.

Reactions: 2 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
My 2020 M5660 has a liters/hr display on the dash. You push the little round button on the right side and you'll scroll through PTO rpms, engine hours and liters/hour. When running my Land Pride RCD1884 twin spindle rotary cutter, I think it shows around 4.7 liters per hour. I also have the ePTO option on mine. BTW, I love that tractor!

tbeckett

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 3, 2021
Columbus, MS
My 2020 M5660 has a liters/hr display on the dash. You push the little round button on the right side and you'll scroll through PTO rpms, engine hours and liters/hour. When running my Land Pride RCD1884 twin spindle rotary cutter, I think it shows around 4.7 liters per hour. I also have the ePTO option on mine. BTW, I love that tractor!
I will check that button out ! lol!
Thanks

tbeckett

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 3, 2021
Columbus, MS
my book learning as a kid was the rule of thumb 0.046 gallons / engine hp / hr for farmers who farmed (worked their equipment)

I'm going to guess even with the new emissions we are likely more fuel efficient now than this just like pickups and cars are more fuel efficient versus those of say the 50's.
Never heard of that, but i will check it out and compare. That is awesome! Thanks

tbeckett

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 3, 2021
Columbus, MS
I will check that button out ! lol!
Thanks
I found the Button and scrolled through it this afternoon. I found the Liters/Gallons per hour display. I tilled up the garden and it showed 2.3 GPH under load at round 2300 RPM. I will be tilling up about 5 acres of food plots Saturday and will get a better idea.

I do know that I need to keep the tractor filled up and take extra fuel. The tractor has a 17.7 Gallon tank so doing the math that would mean that by the end of a long day, the fuel situation could get sketchy! lol

tbeckett

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 3, 2021
Columbus, MS

Sir Bloakley, your calcs are spot on! I found the button for the display that show GPH and it was ranging 2.6 to 2.8 running at 2350 RPM and approx 540 RPM on the PTO. I was pulling a tiller and it was muddy and loading the tiller and tractor up pretty good!