M4-071 Lights

Burg

Equipment
M4-071
Aug 17, 2022
Home
I recently purchased an M4-071D. Only have had it for a day. Playing with all the switches and buttons, getting ready to start some mowing. So, playing with the lights, one thing I can't seem to figure out. The orange lights on the front sides of cab flash for turn signal and caution lights. Problem is there are two bulbs in each housing. The one on top flashes the other on the bottom stays off. I have not found a way to turn on the lower bulb. What is the function of the lower bulb, how is it turned on? No, not a tractor novice, been farming many years, much closer to 80 years old than 70! Just not used to such a fancy tractor with so many fun things to explore!
First post, thanks for any help. Oh, dealer was no help, didn't know there were 2 bulbs.

JP_Austin

Equipment
2021 Kubota M4D-071
Feb 15, 2022
Austin TX
Believe those are running lights when the headlights are on. I have the M4D-071 as well and only ran the lights once in six months of ownership as I was mowing at sunset. I recall the lower lights were on. See also the pics here:

Burg

Equipment
M4-071
Aug 17, 2022
Home
Believe those are running lights when the headlights are on. I have the M4D-071 as well and only ran the lights once in six months of ownership as I was mowing at sunset. I recall the lower lights were on. See also the pics here:

Ok, makes sense, I thought I had the headlights on at one time but not sure will check again.
The red-light in the cab doesn't seem to come on with the push button, any trick to get it on?
Don' really work much in the dark so not a big deal, just curious.
Thanks for the help.

Burg

Equipment
M4-071
Aug 17, 2022
Home
Figured out the red light in the cab, only works with head lights on, makes sense. Have not been able to get the front lower amber bulbs to light up. Work lights on, head lights on but lower bulbs remain off. I do not have the mid cab work lights which attach on top of amber light housing, perhaps those are needed to complete a circuit?